• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What are Zelda fans actually called?

Misty

Ronin
Put a Z on there

Znards, rolls of the tongue better

Nothing related to Zelda can or should roll off the tongue better. It should be something that can easily be shouted in passing to help less-educated humans know procreation with those dubbed with the term is not encouraged, socially acceptable, or even fun in a kinky and taboo way. Nards does this. Znards lends an edge of hipsterish cool that could cause some to be misled into the aforecited sexual congress that will ensure our race's destruction without even a curtain call.

Misty

Ronin
Are you actually assuming one cannot obnoxiously shout "ZNARDS!" at the top of their lungs and still be a socially acceptable, totally not awkward functioning human being?

Not at all. I'm just worried someone might hear the Z and assume some sort of sophisticated European accent is involved and thus wish to procreate with who they believe are the recipients of said accent so that they can have second-hand accent masteraceness. To avoid this potential confusion and world-ending scenario, I believe we should stick to the cleaner, sleeker "Nards". Brevity is the cleanest defense against misunderstanding I know.

Djinn

and Tonic
Not at all. I'm just worried someone might hear the Z and assume some sort of sophisticated European accent is involved and thus wish to procreate with who they believe are the recipients of said accent so that they can have second-hand accent masteraceness. To avoid this potential confusion and world-ending scenario, I believe we should stick to the cleaner, sleeker "Nards". Brevity is the cleanest defense against misunderstanding I know.
Or they think it's an Eastern European accent and assume someone with a handlebar mustache and a speedo, largely obscured by a hairy gut overflowing the sides is standing around nearby.

Misty

Ronin
Or they think it's an Eastern European accent and assume someone with a handlebar mustache and a speedo, largely obscured by a hairy gut overflowing the sides is standing around nearby.
And maybe I'll grow three inches taller and fly to the moon on the back of a rainbow unicorn and dance with an alien and negatronic leprechaun. Don't be ridiculous, Nard. People don't recognize accents that easily, they just hear European accents and drop their drawers.

Djinn

and Tonic
And maybe I'll grow three inches taller and fly to the moon on the back of a rainbow unicorn and dance with an alien and negatronic leprechaun. Don't be ridiculous, Nard. People don't recognize accents that easily, they just hear European accents and drop their drawers.
Hey that actually happened once in Ohio, there was rainbow juice everywhere and that stuff is incredibly hard to clean up. Cost the taxpayers a lot at the time and the smell......it smelled awful. Governments and doctors have been trying to do something about the negatronic leprechauns for years and some people have some real problems with them so I would think you would be a little more sensitive about that issue.

But the guy did get three inches taller, that was pretty neat.

Misty

Ronin
Hey that actually happened once in Ohio, there was rainbow juice everywhere and that stuff is incredibly hard to clean up. Cost the taxpayers a lot at the time and the smell......it smelled awful. Governments and doctors have been trying to do something about the negatronic leprechauns for years and some people have some real problems with them so I would think you would be a little more sensitive about that issue.

But the guy did get three inches taller, that was pretty neat.

If you check my profile with your mod privs, you'll see that I have a third degree harassment offense for my lack of sensitivity. Thus, your call for me to be sensitive about the negatronic leprechauns is, indeed, falling on deaf ears. Let's focus on the positive, a person got taller. Brahmazing.

But the fact is, 99/100, that doesn't happen. So we should stick with Nards and on the few times someone accidentally exclaims "Znards" we'll hope they see a blubberous creature more scantily-clad manimal than Brad Pitt with Jimmy Carr's accent and hopefully the human race sustains itself. If not, it's your fault for derailing this with "Znards" when "Nards" is the clearly traditional and best solution.

Aku

I don't think 'Nards' would be a good nickname.

'Nards' is the nickname some people give the penis and testicles. You might as well shout 'Hey, Genitals!" when you see another Zelda fan in a crowd, because people are going to think someone just popped out their junk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom