• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are Your Major Goals/Dreams?

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Just wondering to all the ZDers out there, what are your major goals/dreams in life?

For me, I hate working for other people so my dream is to own a business one day. I've started saving money to start one sooner rather than later, and I can't wait till that day.

What about you guys?

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I'm currently studying canine training and behaviour and would love to start my own business once I get some experience behind me.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
My major goal or dream is to actually have a major goal or dream.

I think in an ideal world I would get to spend all my time writing novels. The reality is I can't afford to do that right now or possibly ever, especially as I am not stupid enough to count on some JK Rowling success to come about. Also, I still really hope to be a nurse one day. But I honestly now am seeing that as something I may come back to in my thirties, once I have a little money and some semblance of being settled.

So my shall we say 'realistic goal' for now is to just find a job I don't hate. To be honest, I think that's all anyone can hope for.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I really don't have any big dreams or goals. I just want to have a job because I need an income, there's not really anything I'm interested to work with. I want my life to be whatever it is I do when I'm not working, I don't want my job to be my life.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I want to win the lottery and not work.

Failing that either continuing as I am right now as a podiatrist and eventually having my own practice, or I am also considering retraining as a dentist which is what I always really wanted to do and then basically doing the same thing regarding getting my own practice. I dont like working for people so being employed is something I want to get away from.

I do want to go travelling and to see the world. And it would be nice if I could meet a lovely woman one day and get married and raise pets together. Maybe children but definitely pets.

Last edited:

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
My dream is to be a journalist -- I've always been fascinated by the news ever since I was a child. I even majored in Mass Communications in college, but quickly discovered that if you didn't have the right connections, you weren't going anywhere in the field. I dropped out of college feeling deterred and joined the workforce.

But as I watch The Young Turks, Secular Talk and Phillip DeFranco run their own news platforms on YouTube, I feel like there's still a chance that I can still pursue that dream. So my goal now is to go back to college to finish my degree. Even if I wind up in games journalism, I can still say I made it.

My current goal is trying to save up enough money for the Switch. As of now, I have about $90 saved up on Amazon and PayPal. I'm trying to earn money through only completing small tasks on the web such as filling out surveys so I do not have to take out of my savings. As long as I make $2 each day, I should have enough.

Raven Storm

Paint the world black and grey
To run my own business and get a semi-decent poetry club going.
So far, one is up and the other is still in an unknown status.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I suppose it ought to be obvious that one big goal I have is to successfully and completely transition. So there's that. It's the obvious one that barely needs stating. Other that, my other big life goal is to write my book series I've been working on forever and have it be successful. I'm writing fanfics now as practice to get better at writing first before I go forward with my original stories.

I'd like to run a successful indie video game company, run a huge multinational company that does pretty much everything, be a politician and become president and fix this country up, become a famous author, join the US Air Force like my dad, get married to a wonderful person and have kids and whatnot, make some breakthroughs in quantum physics, create a successful YouTube alternative, and then some things I'd rather not say in such a public place for various reasons.

Probably won't achieve all of that, but who knows?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
My dream is to be a pastry chef/possibly own my own bakery. I'm not sure if that's what I'll end up doing in life, but that's what I've wanted to do for a long time now. I also have a smaller dream/goal which is to write a book. I don't even care about publishing it or anything, I just want to write one at some point. I absolutely loved writing as a kid, and had notebooks full of stories. I still like writing, but I don't do it very often anymore. Hopefully one day I'll get back into like I was when I was a kid.

My dream is to have a stable job in the hospital as a clinical lab scientist while still being able to do the things I want to do such as cosplay and playing video games. Would be really nice to eventually have a house of my own so I can experience life outside of my parent's home. Traveling to different countries I really want to go to is the second dream.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I really don't have any big dreams or goals. I just want to have a job because I need an income, there's not really anything I'm interested to work with. I want my life to be whatever it is I do when I'm not working, I don't want my job to be my life.

Honestly this is how I feel too. Either that or for my job to not feel like work because I enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom