• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Virtual Console Starfox Adventures

I am desperate to play Starfox Adventures again. But I don't have a gamecube, and that is the only thing it is available on. And I certainly can't be bothered to get a gamecube just for this because it will be too much hassel and I would have no room for it because of other consoles etc. Any space I have must be prioritized for the Switch.

But as we know, gamecube games are coming to the switch virtual console. Which is great news. However, would this ever include Starfox Adventures do you think? In the future sometime? I am basically asking, do you think it is likely? With it being a rare title I am worried that it will just never happen.... but then DK64 happened on the wii u, so who knows...

GC support was never confirmed for the Switch, and doubtful that it will be as the Joy-Cons do not support the analogue triggers the GC used. Beyond that you hit the nail on the head; the being developed by Rare, even though Nintendo technically owns it, could make re-releasing it tricky. Still I would love to see it in some form again. It gets a lot of hate, but it was fun in its day and I had a soft spot for it.

Do you have a Wii at least? GC backwards compatibility works well, though you would still need a memory card and controller..

I really do wonder about GCvc on the Switch because of the digital triggers.

I still have my GC and a large library for it and i played SFA not too long ago... bloody hell it sucked! It was decent back in the day before a new Zelda had released on the system because it played very similarly, but then Zelda came out and blew it out of the water. It also hasnt aged well.

As for SFA happening if GCvc was a thing, i wouldnt worry. DK64 was developed by Rare and it got a VC release on wiiU (which also hasnt aged well and kind of sucked whereas Banjo-Kazooie is still awesome).

Both SFA's were good games. I liked the first more than the second though.
So far we don't have any solid info about the VC on the Switch. We have to wait to see hiow Nintendo are doing it and what old consoles are supported.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
i mean....do you have a wii or wii u?
aside the obvious wii backwards compatibility,you can softmod either of those and put in nintendont and play star fox adventures off a usb or sd card

I don't have a wii anymore, I got rid of it back when I brought a wii u. The only reason I got rid of it was because I thought I wouldn't need it anymore, because nintendo had promised that gamecube games would come to the wii u vc, but that never happened.

As for how gamecube could work on the switch... how about the switch pro controller?

Wait there's two SFA's? Or did you mean star fox assault?

I'm not big on the star fox franchise because it's not necessarily my thing. But I love SFA because it is more similar to a zelda game. Sure, it pales in comparison to all 3d zelda games, but I still find it fun. But I can definitely see why it was hated by SF fans, as it was so radically different to other SF games.

As for SFA happening if GCvc was a thing, i wouldnt worry. DK64 was developed by Rare and it got a VC release on wiiU

Hope so. However, the original SF for the snes never got a VC release, which worries me about SFA.

i mean....do you have a wii or wii u?
aside the obvious wii backwards compatibility,you can softmod either of those and put in nintendont and play star fox adventures off a usb or sd card

Wii U. Oh right, how does that work exactly? I'm guessing it's not legal though?

Last edited by a moderator:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Wii U. Oh right, how does that work exactly? I'm guessing it's not legal though?
its not like nintendo's making any money off these gamecube games anyway,besides even w/ virtual console,there's still no guarantee that a particular game you want will make it in [fire emblem radiant dawn and the last story still aren't on wii u virtual console for who knows what reason]
as for how it works,you'd need the homebrew channel on the vwii,the rest is basically just downloading files and dragging them to an sd card,it's all fairly easy
if you're not interested in installing the hombrew channel,waiting and hoping would be your only choice

Last edited:
Well I've restarted this game now, by borrowing my brother's gamecube. Because I have a feeling it will never come to VC.

Why is this game hated? If anything, Zelda fans should love it.

I mean, I can see why Star Fox fans would hate it, but if one is both a star fox AND zelda fan, then how can you not love this?

Last edited by a moderator:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I mean, I can see why Star Fox fans would hate it, but if one is both a star fox AND zelda fan, then how can you not love this?
b/c both franchises had better installments?
that doesn't apply to me though,i actually do really like adventures and definitely think it gets more flak than it needs

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Well I've restarted this game now, by borrowing my brother's gamecube. Because I have a feeling it will never come to VC.

Why is this game hated? If anything, Zelda fans should love it.

It isn't like a Okami, where it offered something unique and different from the Zelda Series, while still keeping the quality. Star Fox Adventures takes the Zelda formula, and it makes a completely inferior version of it, where nearly everything besides graphics is drastically downgraded from both Zelda and Star Fox.

Mido

Version 1
It isn't like a Okami, where it offered something unique and different from the Zelda Series, while still keeping the quality. Star Fox Adventures takes the Zelda formula, and it makes a completely inferior version of it, where nearly everything besides graphics is drastically downgraded from both Zelda and Star Fox.

In its defense, while Adventures's Zelda-style doesn't quite reach the levels of the highly-esteemed series, it executes the style decently, if just a tad unspectacular as a whole.

I agree that it is inferior to the 3d Zelda games, but I still find it to be a very fun game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom