• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 252!

What is your favorite Ocarina of Time enemy? (Part 2)

• Bari

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tailpasaran

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Stalchild

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Bubble (any color)

• Floormaster

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Spike

• Door Mimic

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Wolfos

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Shell Blade

• Freezard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's winners
Last week's Question: What is your favorite Ocarina of Time enemy? (Part 1)

Third Place: Baby Dodongo (9.1%)
Second Place: Elemental Keese (18.2%)
First Place: Draw between "Deku Scrub" and "Skulltula" (36.4% each)

This week's question: What is your favorite Ocarina of Time enemy? (Part 2)

Bari
Tailpasaran
Stalchild
Bubble (any color)
Floormaster
Spike
Door Mimic
Wolfos
Shell Blade
Freezard

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Well these are all among my least favourite enemies of that game, but of the options available, I have to give it to the Wolfos. Aside from being able to kill them multiple ways (Stun them with the boomerang/hookshot, shoot them with arrows, attack them with your sword and try to avoid their counterattack, hit them in the back for an easy one shot kill, etc.), they're just really fun to fight and gosh darn adorable! My main gripe is actually more of a problem that I have with OoT in general, and that's that they only fight you one on one as long as you're targeting one of them. It makes fighting them extremely easy. For a fun challenge, I often enjoy fighting them without targeting, because then they both attack and you actually have to try to hit them yourself without relying on the targeting system. I love these enemies, and I wish they appeared in more than just 3 areas in the entire game.

Mido

Version 1
The stalchildren are simply icons of their day. When they appear during the night. the endurance marathon begins! Back in the day, when I wasn't exactly a hot shot at Zelda games (not that I'm particularly good at them today), I'd spend a ton of time fighting these guys, and as simple as they were, the battle was still fun. Hence, my vote goes to the stalchild.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I always liked beating the stalchildren to make bigger ones appear. I wish I could've made night last to see how big they got

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Floor master? Don't you mean wall masters?
Nope! Wallmasters are the ones that come from above as a shadow and then drops on you to bring you to the entrance of the dungeon. Floormasters looks just like them, but they are crawling around on the floor, and if you kill one it splits into 3 mini-versions of itself that must be slain before they attack you by latching onto your throat, sucking out your life force and then regenerates as a big floormaster again.

The stalchildren are simply icons of their day. When they appear during the night. the endurance marathon begins! Back in the day, when I wasn't exactly a hot shot at Zelda games (not that I'm particularly good at them today), I'd spend a ton of time fighting these guys, and as simple as they were, the battle was still fun. Hence, my vote goes to the stalchild.
They were very good practice for combat basics like backdrops, side jumps, and jump attacks. Also they scare the dickens out of you the very first time you encounter them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom