• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Resolved Timezone in Postbit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi, so a while ago I made the suggestion of having the option to put your timezone in your post bit. This would help people know when others are likely sleeping. I think that the suggestion got lost in the obis of the suggestion thread so I thought that I'd bring it up here.

It could be something like:
Local Time: 16:00 - 03/10/14

Or if that isn't possible:
Timezone: UTC + 10

I'm sure that there would be someway to do at least one of these options but if for some reason it is not possible I would at least like to see the option to put your timezone into the "About Me" section of your user profile. Also, this would obviously have to be optional though for privacy reasons.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
This would be the most handy thing. Sometime you forget just how far away your friends can be and you don't want to have to google it. I'm throwing in my support here.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Yes please. By now I think I know where the majority of active people live (I'm not a stalker, promise), but this will help those who aren't familiar for sure.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Yeah, this is handy dandy notebook. Now I know when you are sleeping so I can execute an attack on your home. Meheheheh

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Finished. Opt-in (to allow others to see your time zone) via General Settings -> Date & Time Options. I've opted in, so you can see it in my profile under About Me -> Statistics. Let me know if you find any issues.

...I didn't correct for DST... hopefully that's not too important since I included the relative difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom