• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Thoughts on Uber

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Times change, and technology evolves. Uber is a perfect example of that.

Uber is a taxi-like service in which you get the app, and can call up an Uber at any time. The catch is that, these aren't taxi cabs that you are riding in. You ride in other people's cars.

You can pick and choose what kind of vehicle you want to be in, depending on how many people are riding in. These vehicles are mostly more clean than Taxis as well.

Also, Uber fares are way cheaper than that of a Taxi. Waaaay cheaper. With what might cost $20-$30 on a Taxi, you can easily pay the fair of $10. Uber drivers also usually make far more than Taxi drivers, averaging about $20 an hour versus $12.50. So this is good for the people, and great for the drivers as well.

While it may be scary that you are getting into some random person's car, the same can be said for a taxi cab. The services in App rating system definitely helps with that as well, allowing you to completely stay away from uncomfortable experiences, whereas with a taxi, you have no choice.

Taxi companies are altogether screaming and hate this service. With phrases such as "Millenials are ruining Taxi services"..... However... This is capitalism man. Uber offers altogether a better, and cheaper services that treats most of their employees way better as well.

So what do you think of Ubers forum dwellers?

Misty

Ronin
When out with friends, we've used it and it was really great for helping us keep costs down without forcing us to walk distances that would have been difficult for me. All the drivers we had were really lovely and nice. Not all spoke English very well, but from what we gathered, a lot were just middle-aged dads doing it for a couple extra bucks in the evening, early morning, or late afternoon to make money for their families or kids.

I think it's great although I'm not sure I'd do it alone. Although, I wouldn't take a taxi alone either unless there was no other option and some sort of emergency were afoot.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
Much more convenient than Taxis, but ultra shady too. When it first appeared, I heard about drivers stalking some clients and other nasty stuff.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I've used uber millions of times. I personally would love to be able to support London black cab drivers but the fact is, it's too expensive and you can't always flag one down. I've used it with friends, I've used it alone, and I've used Uber pool, which gives you even cheaper rides as long as you're willing to share it with random people. I don't see the harm in it, tbh.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't think that it is much more dangerous than hiring a taxi from a firm nor do I see the rate of abduction and stalking increasing much. If abduction is your thing the you'd probably find a way to do it anyway. You all know the phrase 'abductors gonna abduct'.

I have never used Uber myself and generally don't need to use taxis so I can't comment on my personal experience of it.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
>'98: "Don't meet with strangers from the internet and don't get in a car with one!"
>'16: "Call a stranger over the internet to come and pick you up!"

As a service it's neat, but I don't like what I've heard of the actual company and their corporate practices (like spying on riders and journalists).

Consider I don't have a liscense, nor a car to drive with it, I need to be picked up and dropped off a lot. Personally I like Uber and I use it when I get my friend or parents to drive me somewhere.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
muhleneals mufuggaaaaa
damned if you do, damned if you don't. can't ****ing stand that phrase. if someone utters "millennials" then I filter them immediately.

as for Uber, it's not a bad service but I would never trust an uber lmfao. drive me nigga, nawww I'll walk instead. I'll ride a bike too. but I ain't getting in some random Joe's car. what if he flies off and rapes me or something? ain't taking no chances.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
muhleneals mufuggaaaaa
damned if you do, damned if you don't. can't ****ing stand that phrase. if someone utters "millennials" then I filter them immediately.

as for Uber, it's not a bad service but I would never trust an uber lmfao. drive me nigga, nawww I'll walk instead. I'll ride a bike too. but I ain't getting in some random Joe's car. what if he flies off and rapes me or something? ain't taking no chances.
You're more likely to get good service from an Uber than a Taxi company. They are rated after each drive so they take it seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom