• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things you dislike seeing others doing

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
How do you know this?
I'm referring to English speaking websites primarily. No idea how common Internet usage is in Africa.
Also...

I think that while both slurs are unacceptable, people would laugh at the first example that Jamie gave and not the second one because of the conditions under which these racial slurs had been created. The "N WORD" (I won't say the real thing but you know what I mean) was created as an insult in America's time of slavery. So naturally, when people say that word, it reminds us of America's dark past that we are trying to forget. On that note, I'm not sure why people are offended when they hear the "N WORD" and not the "C WORD". I guess it is all about our past. On that note, why are any "bad words" acceptable? They are never used to be positive so i say, hearken the age old adage: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!"
I agree that ****** is a rightfully worse word. All I'm arguing is that cracker, a racial slur, is more widely justified by blacks, than ****** is by whites.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
@Jamie: It seemed clear to me that she was using "it's always them" as an exaggeration to mean that it's very common for that group to engage in something in a disproportionate manner, as is pretty commonly done in English. If she was saying that no other type of person in history has ever attempted to justify the use of racial slurs, by contrast, then that'd be kind of preposterous, as would assuming she meant that.

And I didn't say overwhelmingly, just disproportionately. In any case, that's certainly true based on my anecdotal experience, especially when it comes to justifying it (especially with the excuses given by Beauts) rather than using it. I see it so often that I found it true enough to get a pretty good chuckle out of it.

Also make less double posts pls

Thanks for explaining what is plainly obvious to anybody not looking for an argument just to be an ass, Kirino. You interpreted me correctly, so thanks. I'm not going to sit here, @Jamie and make apologies for not talking about people who call white people crackers or whatever... Any racial slur in my eyes is wrong, as you well know, but idk maybe the reason you're so defensive over my points is because you're guilty of them? Just a thought. I know for sure that's why you're so butthurt over mansplaining... because you are quite literally the worst offender of this of anybody I've ever met. No, not every single time a man explains something is mansplaining. It's when men assume women don't know what they're talking about and have to pick apart what they say to prove they're the god given expert on a subject... much like you've done here, in your double, triple, quintruple ****ing posts.

I am just as entitled to have things piss me off as anybody else. If you feel personally attacked in some way by the things that bother me, I don't know what to tell you. Like I said, maybe its a guilty conscience. Or maybe, you just need to work on that liberal sense of humour you're so proud of because CLEARLY I was exaggerating for comedic effect.

Jamie

Thanks for explaining what is plainly obvious to anybody not looking for an argument just to be an ass, Kirino. You interpreted me correctly, so thanks. I'm not going to sit here, @Jamie and make apologies for not talking about people who call white people crackers or whatever... Any racial slur in my eyes is wrong, as you well know, but idk maybe the reason you're so defensive over my points is because you're guilty of them? Just a thought. I know for sure that's why you're so butthurt over mansplaining... because you are quite literally the worst offender of this of anybody I've ever met. No, not every single time a man explains something is mansplaining. It's when men assume women don't know what they're talking about and have to pick apart what they say to prove they're the god given expert on a subject... much like you've done here, in your double, triple, quintruple ****ing posts.

I am just as entitled to have things piss me off as anybody else. If you feel personally attacked in some way by the things that bother me, I don't know what to tell you. Like I said, maybe its a guilty conscience. Or maybe, you just need to work on that liberal sense of humour you're so proud of because CLEARLY I was exaggerating for comedic effect.
I don't "mansplain", I respond to men and women the same as can be shown by my responses to Kirino.

I never said you don't care about racial slurs. I said I don't think they are justified disproportionately by white middle class men. You could have simply responded in a calm manner like Kirino explaining why you think otherwise.

I don't feel personally attacked; I responded to you as I would anybody else. This is literally the first time I've been accused by anyone of mansplaining.

Also kind of seems like you're character assassinating me which is sort of ****ed up. I thought we were past any of that sort of ****.

Beauts

I don't "mansplain", I respond to men and women the same as can be shown by my responses to Kirino.

I don't feel personally attacked; I responded to you as I would anybody else. This is literally the first time I've been accused by anyone of mansplaining.

Also kind of seems like you're character assassinating me which is sort of ****ed up. I thought we were past any of that sort of ****.

Well it sort of seems like, given you made like a thousand responses to the points I made, that you were just attacking me? I mean, generally when somebody pretty much lectures you that's the impression given. Just because people don't say it doesn't mean you don't do it. But anyway, I wasn't trying to 'character assassinate' you at all. Whatever is going on personally with us has nothing to do with my responses to you on these forums. Please don't accuse me of that.

Jamie

Well it sort of seems like, given you made like a thousand responses to the points I made, that you were just attacking me? I mean, generally when somebody pretty much lectures you that's the impression given. Just because people don't say it doesn't mean you don't do it. But anyway, I wasn't trying to 'character assassinate' you at all. Whatever is going on personally with us has nothing to do with my responses to you on these forums. Please don't accuse me of that.
I wasn't attacking you. I was attacking your opinion, and there's a difference. Kirino responded to my responses without calling me the "worst x ever" or accusing me of having a "guilty conscience". Just respond to what I say, not who I am. The latter is completely irrelevant.

I mean you spent the entire post telling me why I'm doing x y or z without responding to the content of any of it.

And yes I double post a lot

Last edited by a moderator:

Beauts

I wasn't attacking you. I was attacking your opinion, and there's a difference. Kirino responded to my responses without calling me the "worst x ever" or accusing me of having a "guilty conscience". Just respond to what I say, not who I am. The latter is completely irrelevant.

Well I figure there's some reason you take so much defence over something I say. And you're like actively doing the things I was saying bother me. What am I supposed to think, realistically? I'm not going to pretend to not think that has anything to do with it, not over something where I was clearly not that serious in the first place. You got your panties in a bunch about what I said, not me.

I mean you spent the entire post telling me why I'm doing x y or z without responding to the content of any of it.

And yes I double post a lot

I seconded Kirino, who did respond to the content. It bothers me that I'm not allowed to say anything on these forums anymore. Sorry.
Either way I wasn't trying to attack you personally except to point out that it seems you took what I said personally.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamie

Well I figure there's some reason you take so much defence over something I say. And you're like actively doing the things I was saying bother me. What am I supposed to think, realistically? I'm not going to pretend to not think that has anything to do with it, not over something where I was clearly not that serious in the first place. You got your panties in a bunch about what I said, not me.
The reasons why I respond to what you said (although your reasoning is incorrect) are completely irrelevant to what I said and don't belong in a discussion. No need to make it about me.

People spelling things wrong. I'm dyslexic (apparently) but I take the time to check my spelling.

Beauts

The reasons why I respond to what you said (although your reasoning is incorrect) are completely irrelevant to what I said and don't belong in a discussion. No need to make it about me.

Um, I didn't, I made an example of you, maybe that's wrong but? What am I meant to do about it now? Don't tell me what 'belongs' in a discussion. Also, maybe stop flattering yourself. I would've said the same thing if someone else did and said what you did and said.

Jamie

Um, I didn't, I made an example of you, maybe that's wrong but? What am I meant to do about it now? Don't tell me what 'belongs' in a discussion. Also, maybe stop flattering yourself. I would've said the same thing if someone else did and said what you did and said.
You would have said "you are literally the worst person ever at x"? Didn't know there could be two "worsts". I'd also doubt you'd know everyone else that well.

But anyway, yeah, it's wrong to bring up people's characteristics in a debate, and doesn't actually respond to much of what I said. Again I never said you don't have issue with other slurs, I said it's not disproportionately middle class white people (which since you said ditto to Kirino, I would assume that's what you were implying). That's a whole different discussion and one you could easily respond to without bringing up points about why I am doing something.

Beauts

You would have said "you are literally the worst person ever at x"? Didn't know there could be two "worsts". I'd also doubt you'd know everyone else that well.

But anyway, yeah, it's wrong to bring up people's characteristics in a debate, and doesn't actually respond to much of what I said. Again I never said you don't have issue with other slurs, I said it's not disproportionately middle class white people (which since you said ditto to Kirino, I would assume that's what you were implying). That's a whole different discussion and one you could easily respond to without bringing up points about why I am doing something.

I would have suggested they have a guilty conscience, yes.
And it definitely is disproportionately middle class white people. Sorry no statistics exist on the subject but even when I have seen people call white people racist names I don't see those groups arguing it's not racist because X y z.

Most of what you said was "boohoo men can't win, middle class white people cant win, it's not fair!" Not much to say to that except yo know, exactly what I said. And Kirino said. I'm not gonna rehash Kirino's points. That would just get me flamed for "poor discussion" again.

Anyway if you want to have something out with me on a personal level then can we do it in private instead of out here? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom