• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things you dislike seeing others doing

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
And by the way, it really is disproportionately middle class white boys. It's almost hilarious how true that statement is.

Not really. During my time in high school, I've met one(1) racist white kid. It was during my freshman year while attending a >90% white high school. He was racist against me cause I'm Puerto Rican(I'm not even that dark, tho, but whatever). He was saying **** like "Puerto Ricans are savages" (before the term savage was a cool thing) "They're so poor they eat rats and ****." I ended up kicking his ass, I felt so proud; but here's the thing, even tho he was the only white racist I met in school, he never "justified" it. As a matter of a fact, he later apologized to me and admitted he was wrong.

Next year, I went to a really ghetto school in Cleveland. The word nigga was dropped at least 100 times a day in that school. Not by whites, but by blacks and hispanics. In this school, whites were the minority, a rough estimate would be somewhere around 30%. Teachers didn't question it, other students didn't question it. It was "justified." By my experience, minorities have FAR surpassed whites in their racial slur justification.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Also make less double posts pls
Shut the **** up nigga.

And no, it isn't overwhelmingly middle class white boys.
I mean I think she was referring to actual racial slurs (the dreaded EN WORD, chink, you know the whole nine yards) not bull**** like cracker. If that's the case, I do agree with beauts because "cracker" really doesn't mean anything historically, and iholy **** "I was gonna pay child support but then I got high" lmfao this song is stupid as ****. Anyway, "cracker" doesn't mean anything negative historically (ideally you would be the cracker instead of the cracked), and what's the word, contemporarily (not a word) cracker just means "white person" same as the word dude means"person".

Whereas chink, ******, all of this stuff historically is super degrading and there are still people alive today who can relate such degrading -stories to their children which keeps the slurs charged even though - I bet 100% - none of the kids/young adults alive today ever went through the stuff that the people of yesteryear had to deal with.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I dislike seeing people pick their noses... so unsightly.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
@Jamie: It seemed clear to me that she was using "it's always them" as an exaggeration to mean that it's very common for that group to engage in something in a disproportionate manner, as is pretty commonly done in English. If she was saying that no other type of person in history has ever attempted to justify the use of racial slurs, by contrast, then that'd be kind of preposterous, as would assuming she meant that.

And I didn't say overwhelmingly, just disproportionately. In any case, that's certainly true based on my anecdotal experience, especially when it comes to justifying it (especially with the excuses given by Beauts) rather than using it. I see it so often that I found it true enough to get a pretty good chuckle out of it.

Also make less double posts pls
It's not disproportionate. At all. Louis CK is the only white comedian I know that says ****** on stage and he doesn't use it to refer to people, just saying the word. Every black comedians says cracker to refer to people. Do you seriously hear white people saying ****** more than the other way around? It's disappointing you live in an area where people call black people ****** because that is never done here unless you want to get your ass kicked.

And cracker is a racial slur, whether you @Ventus want to think it as one or not. No, it is not as bad as ******. I agree. But punching someone is not as bad as shooting someone, and I think we all agree punching someone is wrong.

By the way, Ventus essentially said saying cracker is okay. He justified it in a way. No one in this thread has justified using ******. I think you are out of your mind to say it's disproportionate.

Granted, I don't have any issue with anyone using racial slurs. I think it's preposterous to say the word ****** is a bad word with NO context. Words require context to have meaning.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
And cracker is a racial slur, whether you @Ventus want to think it as one or not. No, it is not as bad as ******. I agree. But punching someone is not as bad as shooting someone, and I think we all agree punching someone is wrong.
Lies vs white lies my friend. Both is wrong but you gotta look at perspective. From your perspective, all wrong is...well, wrong, and should be treated as such. But to others, some wrongs are worse than other wrongs - to the point, where some wrongs can be tolerated where other wrongs are pretty much set in the DMZ.

Don't get me wrong, I'm with you on this one holistically: why use racial slurs at all, and why try to pin white guys for **** that pretty much anyone else (specially blax) does on the daily? But even so, there are other perspectives and I acknowledge them even if I don't necessarily agree with them.

Jamie

Lies vs white lies my friend. Both is wrong but you gotta look at perspective. From your perspective, all wrong is...well, wrong, and should be treated as such. But to others, some wrongs are worse than other wrongs - to the point, where some wrongs can be tolerated where other wrongs are pretty much set in the DMZ.

Don't get me wrong, I'm with you on this one holistically: why use racial slurs at all, and why try to pin white guys for **** that pretty much anyone else (specially blax) does on the daily? But even so, there are other perspectives and I acknowledge them even if I don't necessarily agree with them.
I agree some wrongs are worse than others. But the topic at hand is whether or not whites justify the use of racial slurs in general more than minorities. I contend that they do not. Racial slurs used by minorities such as cracker or whatever are much more accepted in our society.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I agree some wrongs are worse than others. But the topic at hand is whether or not whites justify the use of racial slurs in general more than minorities. I contend that they do not. Racial slurs used by minorities such as cracker or whatever are much more accepted in our society.
I absolutely agree that whites do not justify the slurs more than the muhnorities. Maybe they do in private - I wouldn't know and I really don't care - but in public they typically don't at least in my area. A group of huwaito mails just laugh at stupid **** whereas a group of bl*ck mails are yelling NIGGA DON'T DO DAT (no raso). Again that's just my area of backwater TX, can't speak for anywhere else.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I dislike seeing others run like this

c2vgJ6b.gif

Kirino

Tatakae
@Jamie: There's a difference between usage and justification that you and Kenshin missed in your responses. The topic is the latter, but you're talking about the former. So your response was pointless because it addressed nothing anyone argued. And in any case, yes, I do hear nigga used by white people much more often than cracker by black people, and even with n****r it's close.

My point is that I rarely ever hear a minority try to justify the use of the word cracker, but there are plenty of times where I've heard white people (almost always middle class, young males) use nigga, be called out on it by someone, and try to defend their usage, or otherwise at least its usage by someone else or by white people in general. That's what Beauts was talking about, at least as far as I can tell, and it's pretty common, especially on the internet.

I'm not even saying that white people using or attempting to justify the usage of nigga or other slurs is wrong. I was only commenting on the veracity of Beauts' statement and attempting to clarify its meaning because of how silly I found your hostily at her lack of condemnation of mention minorities using slurs too.

Jamie

@Jamie: There's a difference between usage and justification that you and Kenshin missed in your responses. The topic is the latter, but you're talking about the former. So your response was pointless because it addressed nothing anyone argued. And in any case, yes, I do hear nigga used by white people much more often than cracker by black people, and even with n****r it's close.

My point is that I rarely ever hear a minority try to justify the use of the word cracker, but there are plenty of times where I've heard white people (almost always middle class, young males) use nigga, be called out on it by someone, and try to defend their usage, or otherwise at least its usage by someone else or by white people in general. That's what Beauts was talking about, at least as far as I can tell, and it's pretty common, especially on the internet.

I'm not even saying that white people using or attempting to justify the usage of nigga or other slurs is wrong. I was only commenting on the veracity of Beauts' statement and attempting to clarify its meaning because of how silly I found your hostily at her lack of condemnation of mention minorities using slurs too.
I wouldn't have said much of anything if she didn't imply it's much more common for whites to justify it than vice versa.

Which it's not. The simple fact that black people use cracker more than whites use ****** is proof. You're going to seriously tell me nigga is justified more by whites than cracker by blacks? That's horse ****. Cracker is not only justified by blacks but by society at large. Tell me a comedian who could use nigga like Chris Rock uses cracker. I'll wait.

Black people don't have to justify it's usage regularly because justified by hundreds of millions of people who find it to be somewhat acceptable. Go on any forum where black people are called out for using cracker and you'll see countless justifications for it. I contend your anecdotal evidence is not nearly expansive enough, because cracker is much more justified.

"It's alwas x" doesn't even imply disproportion anyway and you know it doesn't. It implies that it's overwhelming. You obviously haven't seen the countless comedians, Facebook posts, Tumblrinas, etc, that explain that cracker is okay because whites weren't oppressed. It's way more common by normal people. Maybe you spend too much time on 4chan and reddit.

Last edited:

Kirino

Tatakae
I'm just saying that it's disproportionately common for ""middle class white boys"" as a group to justify the use of racial slurs (nigga in particular), and that I don't see anything wrong with Beauts stating her annoyance at that.

And yeah, I see white people use and (this is the important part) justify the usage of the word nigga way more than black people use and justify cracker, both in real life and especially online, it's not even close. Comedians also aren't representative of the general population, so that's not much of an argument.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Not a racial slur among today's youth in the US. A and ER are two different words, don't care if it "sounds the same" abroad or even within the USA. People use the word one way. Now if you heard a bunch of white kids screaming ER to each other and to blax, that'd be one thing. But A? Not a racial slur. Don't care how many buzzfeed articles, English teachers, or denizens of other locales try to tell you otherwise. They don't use the word in that sense wherthere "they" refers to white youth or black youth. or mexican, or even Korean youth.

Jamie

I'm just saying that it's disproportionately common for ""middle class white boys"" as a group to justify the use of racial slurs (nigga in particular), and that I don't see anything wrong with Beauts stating her annoyance at that.

And yeah, I see white people use and (this is the important part) justify the usage of the word nigga way more than black people use and justify cracker, both in real life and especially online, it's not even close. Comedians also aren't representative of the general population, so that's not much of an argument.
There are more white people online than black people, I don't think it's fair to use sheer numbers and there's also the fact that black people don't need to justify their usage of the word cracker, because it's an accepted slur. Any time it is called out, they do justify it. There is a Chris Rock skit as I mentioned on skype (I'm only responding here to express my opinion to the general population of ZD), where he says "cracker ass piece of ****" in front of a mostly black audience and everyone laughs. I actually think it's a funny skit myself. But there's no way saying "****** ass piece of ****" (remember its a skit so its not him actually saying it to someone) would be laughed at in a mostly white audience. But we have gone back and forth too long, I think.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
There are more white people online than black people

How do you know this?
Also...

I think that while both slurs are unacceptable, people would laugh at the first example that Jamie gave and not the second one because of the conditions under which these racial slurs had been created. The "N WORD" (I won't say the real thing but you know what I mean) was created as an insult in America's time of slavery. So naturally, when people say that word, it reminds us of America's dark past that we are trying to forget. On that note, I'm not sure why people are offended when they hear the "N WORD" and not the "C WORD". I guess it is all about our past. On that note, why are any "bad words" acceptable? They are never used to be positive so i say, hearken the age old adage: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom