• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I feel a bit sick. Eating those Craisins on an empty stomach didn't help, they just made my blood pump faster and gave me a light-headed feeling. Also, there's another waterbug in the bathroom. There's a good reason why I usually want to sleep during the morning and afternoon, but I'm having trouble today. Of course, it would be the one day I can't sleep in the morning that I see the bug while I'm at home alone.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
We just had the coldest May night in 18 years here, it dropped just below 0c. Bloody freezing, I shivered through the whole night.
You don't have heating in your house?

Misty

Ronin
I'm sat here in my kimono and moccasins recollecting on my past with @DARK MASTER and @Lilith .

See, there was this time that those two scrumbummers decided to break in and wake me up lickity splickity from my doctor prescribed siesta to demand that in the coming evening we should make merry at the local movie theatre. After giving them hell for what they did to my 13th century window, I begrudgingly agreed that a flick might be just the thing. We agreed to purchase our tickets separately ahead of time and were, at my insistence, going to see a lovely picture starring that cutie cute Gerard Butler in a subtle yaoi romance cop thriller with Justin Timberlake (All about those bromantic overtones turning gayyyyy).

So with the evening approaching, I changed into my chainmail bikini, printed my ticket, and jaunted down to the most cine of marks while whistling an o'le Irish diddy. Upon arrival, both Dark Master and Lilith approached me in their speedos and halter tops to inform me that they were prepared to once more onto the breach. We fetched our popcorn, they used the potty, and we were all set to enjoy some long stares over dead bodies between a twink and a bear.

Only what the hell, they both couldn't find their tickets! I am a patient loli, but this had grown absurd. With a resounding "BAKAS", I stormed into the men's toylet and found their tickets in the trash having been used to dry their willies off. After slapping a ticket to their heads, we finally managed to see the film, with only a slight interruption from Dark Master trying to get the phone number of both a grand mother and her grand daughter.

AHHH Dark Master & Lilith, AHH HUMANITY

My amiibo cards finally came! (I accidentally forgot to put my address so they didn't come first time) They work great. They were resent about 2 days ago.

@Shironagi you wanted to know if they were any good.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Still boiling inside after dealing with a racist at work. Especially racist towards my sister who is transgender. He has seen her once and every time he is talking about her behind my back like she is the worst disease ever on this planet. Makes it very hard for me not to drive over him with my car.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Still boiling inside after dealing with a racist at work. Especially racist towards my sister who is transgender. He has seen her once and every time he is talking about her behind my back like she is the worst disease ever on this planet. Makes it very hard for me not to drive over him with my car.
Not to invalidate your thoughts or feelings, but how does being trans have anything to do with being racist? Also, while I personally don't support the idea of being transgender, I think that co-worker is being very rude. I always say that you should treat everyone equally, even if you don't agree with their beliefs. I think that people on both sides of the proverbial coin often forget that.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Not to invalidate your thoughts or feelings, but how does being trans have anything to do with being racist? Also, while I personally don't support the idea of being transgender, I think that co-worker is being very rude. I always say that you should treat everyone equally, even if you don't agree with their beliefs. I think that people on both sides of the proverbial coin often forget that.
It, This thing, your brister, do I need to say more? This coworker has it out on my sister ever since he saw her. "Oh that thing sure has a big goatie under it's chin." Telling coworkers that thing is in fact my bro and that I should not even mention my sister in general or talk about her (not even mention her name) because people don't like it says enough. Oh and there is no support of being transgender. You are a trans or not. There is nothing else. And I want to leave it like that, okay? Thanks. Not attacking you but this whole scene got under my skin madly.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I've learned that broadening your social circle can help make you happier and more resilient about things that are going on. If I'm having an issue within one group, I just hang out with another group for a while in order to stay happy and content. It's the times in my life when I haven't been able to do this, that I've been at my lowest and things get to me the most. Having a narrow social circle where you're always around the same people and problems can leave you feeling very stressed out if you can't get away from them for a while. Just being around different people and talking about different things can make you feel better, even if you have to force/fake it at first.

Not to invalidate your thoughts or feelings, but how does being trans have anything to do with being racist?

I think it's worth clarifying here that English isn't Vanessa's first language (although her English is still quite good). In continental Europe, they tend to use the word "racism" to mean "discrimination," even when it's not racial discrimination. It can be confusing to native speakers of English, because we only apply the word "racism" to discrimination based on skin color/ethnicity. They broaden the word to mean discrimination based on other criteria. I only mention this because it's likely that she didn't take your question the way you meant it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom