• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I hate when people say that those born in '96 can't call themselves "90's kids". I've been spending my entire night listening to a 90's music playlist on YouTube and it's honestly one of the most nostalgic things I've ever done. I was raised on this ****. I may not have truly lived through the 90's, but I was definitely there for them, and I was raised around 90's music and entertainment.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I really had fun participating in the podcast last night. That and catching up with an old friend that seems to understand me well helped my mood a lot. After being in a few voice calls again, I started to remember why I eventually preferred those over the forum... listening to people talk is just more soothing emotionally than reading written messages, especially if you're under stress. Near the end of my time on ZD, every single day was stressful, and I needed a constant reassuring voice just so I could stay calm enough to function. The written word works well for a lot of things, but it's hard to replace an actual human voice for some purposes.

I can't play Fire Emblem Echoes right now and I'm sad. I mentioned in the shoutbox yesterday that my 3DS seemed warped weird in the back, and I had determined it was likely the battery. I ended opening it up earlier, and the battery was definitely deformed and I don't want to put it back into my system. I'll have to wait until I get a replacement, which would ideally be tomorrow, but I'm not sure if the battery store will be open because of Memorial Day. So yeah, no Echoes for me until my 3DS gets a new battery. Though I am relieved it was just the battery.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I've had some intellectual conversations with a new member lately, and they really make me miss an old friend of mine. I think he would have been better company for her than I am. And she was the sort of friend he deserved to have back then, instead of me. I don't know why he was friends with me, or why he wanted to help me, entertaining my ideas and using his intellect to help make them a reality. He was clearly much more intelligent than I am, and hence better than me. I don't know why he cared about my opinion on anything, or even wanted to talk to me.

I suppose I never will know, really... he suddenly didn't want to be my friend anymore and removed me without a word on one of my Skype accounts at some point when I last tried to contact him. He disappeared as mysteriously as he came, and I know nothing about him. He was like a disembodied mind... just your typical INTP computer nerd friend I suppose, but more mysterious and less egotistical.

But seriously, when the conversation gets going, sometimes they remind me of each other so much that I have to catch myself and ensure I use the correct name. I guess it's like when my Grandma calls me "Steve" instead of "Jeremy," because something about my behavior reminds her of someone she's known longer. It's enough to make me wonder if I'm getting senile already.

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
I don't like cleaning our house for the graduation ceremony. There is dust everywhere, everyone is super stressed about cleanining and preparing for party and it's making atmosphere kinda tense. I don't like tension or stress in or between my family memebers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom