• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Why, when Starkiller base fires the laser, that it has no effect on the surrounding area complete with plantlife and people.

Its a giant laser of galaxy crippling/planet killing death, how when it fires does it not toast a good portion of the surrounding area that it fires from?

I know, science fiction, but i let a lot of other things slide... like space wizards.

Tempestatus

Obsessed with Toon Link <3
Why, when Starkiller base fires the laser, that it has no effect on the surrounding area complete with plantlife and people.

Its a giant laser of galaxy crippling/planet killing death, how when it fires does it not toast a good portion of the surrounding area that it fires from?

I know, science fiction, but i let a lot of other things slide... like space wizards.

It's not science fiction though. It's science fantasy.

That said, it's one of the dumbest things to come out of 38 years of Star Wars material. I should know; I've read and played through most of it.

Djinn

and Tonic

It knocked down a bunch of trees. But really, there are loads of problems revolving around the physics of that one that just cannot be explained no matter how hard to ignore aspects of the universe and how it works.

Like being able to see the planets in another system being blown up as if they were in orbit around Maz's place, the laser traveling way WAY above light speed to reach the other side of a galaxy, why are the planets being blown up look like they are all orbiting each other, what do you do with your supergun planet after the sun is used up, it's really something you have to try really hard not to think about.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
If you saw, it did destroy the cegetation for quite a ways around the blast zone. also the laser chamber is probably well insulated and designed to focus the beam outward.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
It knocked down a bunch of trees. But really, there are loads of problems revolving around the physics of that one that just cannot be explained no matter how hard to ignore aspects of the universe and how it works.

Like being able to see the planets in another system being blown up as if they were in orbit around Maz's place, the laser traveling way WAY above light speed to reach the other side of a galaxy, why are the planets being blown up look like they are all orbiting each other, what do you do with your supergun planet after the sun is used up, it's really something you have to try really hard not to think about.
the sun regenerates...

G

Guest-3

Oi, fite me m8! 'O I'll kick yer lollygaggin couch potato into outer space! Only I can be grouchy at Dom! *is not grouchy at Domo*

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
When someone adds you on facebook as a friend and you keep on wondering who this person is and later realize it's a friend on here with the same name....*facepalm* I think I don't need alcohol to be drunk.

Why do I wake up so much earlier than everyone in my house? Other than my parents, I mean. Both of my roommates sleep until 10, which is a perfectly fine time to wake up. But I woke up at 5 in the morning, why?! I WANT to sleep in, not wake up so early the sun's still drowsy.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
As we start on the downhill journey towards the summer, I'm beginning to think about summer missions trips. This summer, my church is holding a high school missions trip to Japan and another one to Peru. I went to Peru last summer and that was an amazing experience. It's my junior year and I don't know if I'll have time for this next summer so I need to decide if I should go back to Peru, or go to Japan.

Raven Storm

Paint the world black and grey
What songs should I play today?
I cannot have it too loud, since the neighbours will pop a vein if I do.
Yet they have 'their' music loud all the time and yet I can't

Double standards much?

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Ok but while I get that you shouldn't go out of your way to upset someone, SOMETIMES people need telling when they're being ****ing **** human beings. And if they get upset by that and they're a grown ass adult, SO WHAT? If the nicey nicey method doesn't work don't just give up and let someone walk around ****ing everything they touch up. ****ing go to plan b. Maybe the message will actually go through?? God knows nobody gives a flying **** about my feelings when they wanna tell me about myself but how come everyone else in the world gets special treatment? If an honest, well mannered criticism sends them off the deep end then what they need to do is grow up, toughen up and get the hell over themselves. /rant

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Geesh, seriously this is annoying. Just use your eyes for goodness sake and READ CAREFULLY before you order something. Of course the wrong item will end up in your house if you refuse to READ. *slaps self on the head*

Ok but while I get that you shouldn't go out of your way to upset someone, SOMETIMES people need telling when they're being ****ing **** human beings. And if they get upset by that and they're a grown ass adult, SO WHAT? If the nicey nicey method doesn't work don't just give up and let someone walk around ****ing everything they touch up. ****ing go to plan b. Maybe the message will actually go through?? God knows nobody gives a flying **** about my feelings when they wanna tell me about myself but how come everyone else in the world gets special treatment? If an honest, well mannered criticism sends them off the deep end then what they need to do is grow up, toughen up and get the hell over themselves. /rant

For some reason your rant reminded me of Blake (Alec Baldwin) in Glengarry Glen Ross

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom