• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild The Voice Acting

Like what you have heard

• Yes

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • No

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
I was for sometime (a long time ago) in the camp that preferred no voice acting. I din't have strong feelings about this but I thought that The Legend of Zelda had a style using the text + voice clips. Then later and for a longer time; I didn't care weather or not voice acting was introduced to the sires as long as when the decision was made that they did it well. Then in the last couple years I was pro voice acting, but still fine with either decision.

Then when Hyrule Warriors came out and I heard the story narrations by (I think) Zelda. I thought that A. it worked and I liked it and B. that the then unnamed "Zelda Wii U" would probably have voice acting at some degree and that the implementation of voice acting in a spin-off title was a kind of "toe dip" for Nintendo.

Now that the last two trailers for Breath of The Wild have shown the game will have voice acting and that it seems to fit with the tone of the game so far. I am quite pleased that this game will have voice acting. We don't have the game yet and it's possible that some of the acting or the lines they speak will feel awkward from time to time but we can be confident in Nintendo that the acting will be enjoyably to listen to. The feel that we got from other games when reading text boxes and listening to interjection will not be sacrificed though as during game play and outside of major cutscenes characters will communicate how they did in other Zelda games.

Lastly I think all the voices sound great so far, if you don't like one or more of them it's not because the voice actors actually did a bad job or were wrong for the part they did a decent job at least. That's just a mater of your opinion weather or not you liked them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom