• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Tales Series

H

Hermit

Anyone every play any of these games at all? I'm currently playing Tales of Symphonia and this time I've actually managed to complete a large portion of the game. I picked up the sequel and also Tales of the Abyss for the 3DS. They are all great games lol. I'm trying to start getting more games from this series because it's quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
This series is absolutely phenomenal. I've beaten both Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Vesperia, and they now stand as two of my favorite games of all time. I do own Tales of the Abyss for the PS2, but for some reason it isn't drawing me in. :( But, hey, once I really start digging, I'm sure it'll be a great game!

I do wish I owned a PS3 though. Unfortunately, I cannot get Tales of Graces f or even Tales of Xillia, but the latter hasn't been confirmed as PS3 exclusive, at least I think it hasn't... So I guess there is still hope! Here's hoping Namco makes some Tales games for the Wii U! Also, I'm excited to see if Lloyd Irving ends up being a SSB4 character, as Namco is developing and Lloyd's famous appearance was on the GameCube with Tales of Symphonia.

Anyways, yeah, I'm a Tales fan, and I'm proud! :lol: Great series all around: gameplay, graphics, story; it's all perfect IMO.

H

Hermit

This series is absolutely phenomenal. I've beaten both Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Vesperia, and they now stand as two of my favorite games of all time. I do own Tales of the Abyss for the PS2, but for some reason it isn't drawing me in. :( But, hey, once I really start digging, I'm sure it'll be a great game!

I do wish I owned a PS3 though. Unfortunately, I cannot get Tales of Graces f or even Tales of Xillia, but the latter hasn't been confirmed as PS3 exclusive, at least I think it hasn't... So I guess there is still hope! Here's hoping Namco makes some Tales games for the Wii U! Also, I'm excited to see if Lloyd Irving ends up being a SSB4 character, as Namco is developing and Lloyd's famous appearance was on the GameCube with Tales of Symphonia.

Anyways, yeah, I'm a Tales fan, and I'm proud! :lol: Great series all around: gameplay, graphics, story; it's all perfect IMO.

I would be pretty excited to see Llyod as a SSB4 character. I never even thought of that being a possibility xD. I really like Tales of the Abyss although I'm still in the early stages of the game. It would be amazing if they could port some of the previous Tales games to the Wii-U. That's the only thing I don't like about the series is that they're spread out over so many consoles lol. I own a 360 so I could get Vesperia but sadly I don't a PS3 either :c.

Symphonia, Symphonia 2, and Abyss were all amazing games.

Sadly, it seems as if I'm going to have to purchase a PS3 some day in the future if I want Graces and Xillia.

H

Hermit

Sadly, it seems as if I'm going to have to purchase a PS3 some day in the future if I want Graces and Xillia.

They should be seeing a huge price drop so I'll probably end up getting one myself lol. I really want to start gathering these games though.

Lord Death

Bichon Frise

I'm actually interested to hear your take on Symphonia 2, or Dawn of the New World. Many (and I mean many) people think DotNW was one of the worst entries in the entire series. I'm not questioning your opinion, I just want to know why you think it is an amazing game. I've actually never played it, I was too afraid of all the bad reviews, so maybe if you can convince me otherwise I'd appreciate it. :P

I'd like to chime on on Dawn of the New World as well. I enjoyed it very much. However, just when I was REALLY getting into it, it ended. I was at about 35:55 on the clock. I figured the game was 60+ hours easily. I even did a lot of grinding. However, it is a pretty solid game.

Starleap

Canadian Girl
Tales of Graces is actually pretty good. I did see a bit of Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Symphonia and there is an anime series for Tales of the Abyss as well as Tales of Eternia and OVA's for Symphonia. There was also a prequel made for Tales of Vesperia as a movie. So they do have counterparts.

I'm actually interested to hear your take on Symphonia 2, or Dawn of the New World. Many (and I mean many) people think DotNW was one of the worst entries in the entire series. I'm not questioning your opinion, I just want to know why you think it is an amazing game. I've actually never played it, I was too afraid of all the bad reviews, so maybe if you can convince me otherwise I'd appreciate it. :P

First and foremost: Never listen to reviews if you're interested in a video game. Form your own opinion.

Secondly, you have to understand where the game comes from. They had very little development time and an incredibly small budget. (Which Vesperia decided to dip into at points making development increasingly more difficult) Also, it was my first Tales game so I benefit from not caring at all for the Symphonia characters because they weren't the center of the plot. In terms of pros, the game is fun, hilarious, and the story is good with a surprisingly well-paced romance that is sparsely accomplished in video games.

It receives a lot of hate, which is understandable because if they game had a bigger budget and wasn't a sequel to Symphonia, the game would be able to stand alone as its own Mothership title, but they had to make it work as a sequel and their budget and development time was incredibly short.

And in the end, they still put out a great product. The game is fun and Tenebrae may be worth the game alone.

H

Hermit

First and foremost: Never listen to reviews if you're interested in a video game. Form your own opinion.

Secondly, you have to understand where the game comes from. They had very little development time and an incredibly small budget. (Which Vesperia decided to dip into at points making development increasingly more difficult) Also, it was my first Tales game so I benefit from not caring at all for the Symphonia characters because they weren't the center of the plot. In terms of pros, the game is fun, hilarious, and the story is good with a surprisingly well-paced romance that is sparsely accomplished in video games.

It receives a lot of hate, which is understandable because if they game had a bigger budget and wasn't a sequel to Symphonia, the game would be able to stand alone as its own Mothership title, but they had to make it work as a sequel and their budget and development time was incredibly short.

And in the end, they still put out a great product. The game is fun and Tenebrae may be worth the game alone.

I've read up on it and watching videos and I honestly think it looks like a good game. I guess I'll know after today since I'm at the end of the first one xD.

I haven't played many of the Tales games sadly, but I absolutely LOVE the series. Like you, Hermit, I've only played Symphonia and Abyss, but I'm hopeing to get some of the others when I can. I don't have the sequel to Symphonia, and I don't plan on getting it. I hope to get Vesperia on either the PS3 or Xbox 360 when I get either system. I need to look at the main games and see which ones would interest me.

I love this series so much. Since last year it has become my favorite game series. I've already finished Tales of Destiny, and Abyss and i've recently found tales of Eternia for the psp, i'm also playing Phantasia and Symphonia.
I just wish i had a ps3 so i could play tales of gracess f and tales of xillia.

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
The game that got me into the series was Vesperia since then I have purchased Graces f, Abyss, Symphonia, and I plan on picking up Xillia when it is released. I absolutely fell in love with the series

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom