• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Scariest Zelda Enemies

Which Zelda Enemy is Scariest?

• Dead Hand

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Blizzetta

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Redeads

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Gibdos

• Wall/Floor Masters

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Bongo-Bongo

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Death Sword

• Majora

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Tingle

• Other

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Dead Hand for sure, but as far as a common enemy, Redeads are the worst. They're creepiest looking in OoT, but they're definitely more creepy in WW, since they look at you if you're at a certain distance. You ever hit a WW Readead with your boomerang. They look at you. It's incredibly creepy. But I'm not as creeped out by their look. The ones in OoT were definitely more menacing-looking.

But Dead Hand takes the cake over all. Especially when you kill it. It just twitches.

Along with everyone else here, I hated the ReDeads as a child, playing through OoT. I was overjoyed when they gave us a way to neutralize them with masks in MM. As an adult, I find more wall masters and like-likes more frightening. Like-likes not because they're outright scary, but when they grab you, you are helpless but to struggle until they spit you out without your shield.

I voted for wall/floor master because those things kick up my anxiety while playing. Not for being creepy but what they represent. Getting snagged by them and sent back to the beginning. OR those three menacing little floories that jump on you quickly, ala Aliens movie style.

But I think the redeads from Twilight Princess in arbitor's grounds dial the creep factor to 11.

I voted for other.

My vote goes to the red and blue Bubbles in Zelda 1 second quest.

The Red Bubble

Bubble-Red-LoZ-Sprite.png

When it hits Link, Link can never use his sword again.
Scary because you get dungeon rooms filled with the things and it's scary as **** trying to avoid them all

The Blue Bubble

Bubble-Blue-LoZ-Sprite.png

When it hits Link, Link can use his sword. Nullifies the effect of being hit by the blue bubble. Seeing a blue bubble in a room is scary because you know that coming up soon is a red bubble filled room. It's also not easy to just walk back to the blue bubble room because one way walk through walls and rooms where you have to kill all the enemies exist. Trying to kill darknuts with no sword and your bombs are running low? Not so fun.

Honourable Mentions

Takkuri

th

This ***** of a bird is so scary in Termina Field - Majora's Mask. It always followed me around. One hit and it steals your ****. Many times it stole my sword. Have to reset the game or go to the shop at night and by back the sword it stole. When it's chasing me I'm always like **** **** ****, no no no don't hit me and steal my stuff.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Yup. Redeads again. Those freaky undead child molesting creepers. They were the first to leave an impression on me (and my irreparably damaged psyche... so much therapy) since they show up so early in the game, but for sheer nightmare fuel nothing tops that Dead Hand.

Now Zelda's scariest villain's gotta be Majora. I mean in a Joker sorta way. Outwardly freaky, sure. But this is an incomprehensible thing bent on total annihilation for no discernible reason other than because crazy is its defining character trait.

The wall masters? I always thought those were more of a pain in the @33 than scary :P

Reactions: Dio

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom