• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Scariest Zelda Enemies

Which Zelda Enemy is Scariest?

• Dead Hand

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Blizzetta

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Redeads

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Gibdos

• Wall/Floor Masters

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Bongo-Bongo

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Death Sword

• Majora

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Tingle

• Other

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Why hello my fellow spooks!

So while Zelda may be considered a "kids" game, there have been many terrifying enemies throughout the series. So which one do you fear the most and why?

The Shadow Temple (as a whole) in OoT was always the scariest to me. None of the enemies in particular stand out as worse than the others, but the whole atmosphere of the dungeon was definitely creepy.

ReDeads, specifically, Wind Waker's ReDeads. They were just so creepy and scary. I remember this one room that freaked me out. I was on a ledge, and looking down I could see a line of coffins curving around the wall beneath me. I knew that if I dropped down, the ReDeads would all come out and shuffle towards me, shrieking and dragging their bloated corpses towards me as I stood, shivering, too afraid to move. Man. It took me a long time to gather the courage to jump down.

ee07364c518dca405a743c5b4a627698.jpg

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think the ReDeads of OOT were the absolute scariest. I just thought there was a brown man I could go and talk to after I pulled back a gravestone and found a hidden area. Nope next thing I knew I was being buggered and no matter what I did I couldn't escape.

After that I had nightmares about those things and I thought there was no way to survive if you got grabbed so I always had a big fear of them.

The other scariest were the Like Likes. Looking back on it replacing a shield or tunic wouldn't have been so bad but when you are into a dungeon you dont want to have to exit and visit a shop. So these things panicked me a lot. One of the worst encounters was on the beach in Majoras Mask. I rode out at night and there were loads of them. Horrible.

Tibari

Rinkuji
I had nightmares because of The Wind Waker Big Octos, as its first appearance was frightening to me (I was young)
This led me to be scared of travelling giant empty spaces in video games (giant seas for example) because I don't know what can suddenly appear from nowhere...

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I think Redeads are one of the scariest in appearances and actions, but the Guardians in the Silent Realm in Skyward Sword are pretty scary too due to the situation. Those sections of the game are pretty unsettling, and you're always on edge trying to get all the tears as fast as you can. Having the color of the world change, the dramatic music, and the clinking of the Guardians chasing after you can just make you panic.

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
Wallmasters in Ocarina of Time were incredible jump-scares the first few times through the game. In the original, they were just scary because you knew when they got you you'd have to go through the whole dungeon again, and it made me nervous fighting then sometimes for sake of laziness. : P
But overall, I think the scariest is definitely the Dead Hand. From the moment you enter his chamber, it just feels incredibly macabre. You begin by seeing six disembodied hands stretching out of the ground, and then one grabs you and his reveal gave another great jump-scare for me the first time. Then he's also a really well designed boss, and the fun factor plays in. I had more trouble with him as a kid than any other boss except maybe Ganon.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
deffo the re reads and the shadow temple in general!!! I think the oot redeads look the worst but the we ones have that horrifying scream!

Misty

Ronin
Voted Wall and Floor Masters. It has everything necessary for terror. It slowly attacks and feels avoidable and yet usually gets you. The first time the shadow appears you think nothing of it so inevitably it gets you and that's terrifying. Then you spend the whole time trying to deal with it and other enemies. You think killing it works, but it doesn't. It looks like the fetal stage in Aliens. And worst of all it resets you to the beginning of the dungeon thus exposing you to the horror that is the never-ending, depressing, and unfair grind of life at a tender age.

Majora (the mask, not the creature it turns into) because its pure evil.

Its something that exists, no one knows why or how or where it came from, but its just pure evil.

Its there, its evil and evil is all it is. Ganondorf and others had reason. Majora didnt its just there, its like a little piece of Silent Hill within Zelda and its simple evilness scares me.

MW7

Floor masters in Wind Waker make me jump still. They grab you so fast that I don't know what to do sometimes. Plus they are rare so I still don't know the best way to fight them even after beating the game a dozen times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom