• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild The "OHHHHH I could have done that" thread *can contain spoilers!*

in regards to your second one, if you're good at the flurry rushes let it spin to you, you can flurry rush it at that point. Also when it does the spinning laser, you get wind paraglide over it and downward thrust, extra hits ^^
That works a treat. I really like that. Thanks.

However at that point I just feed it an ice or elec arrow and then rush up to it and get some hit in.

I just discovered that you can blow up leaf piles with bombs, you don't actually need to burn them. Mind = blown, pun intended. Coulda saved on a lot of fire arrows had I known this sooner.
Or you can keep a fire sword in your stash for this. This does not weaoen the wapon's durability. I keep one for this and for lighting fires. Though in saying that, there is not that many leaf piles that you need to spend hundreds of fire arrows on them. But yeah I didn't know you could use bombs on them. Thanks for sharing this.

One that I discovered at the time, but most others probably overlooked... eventide island during a thunder storm.
Several of the enemies carry metal weapons, so all you need to do is wait for them to be struck by lightning... when they die another enemy will pick up the weapon and the same thing will happen... then you can use magnesis to carry it over to another group of enemies and repeat.

Was pure luck that I stumbled across this... a storm just happened to start just after I reached the island so I found a safe spot to wait until the storm passed, and it just happened to overlook a group of enemies who were quickly picked off by the lightning, so I just went with it, clearing the rest of the island with next to no effort.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
One of the korok puzzles you need to solve is tossing a snowball in a hole. Yep, here I go. Pushing the snowball and then it misses the hole and I load the file again to make the snowball reappear. Korok finally appears after several attempts and I curse at him. Slamming it with my weapon only to hear it scream ouch or ugh. Then the big facepalm moment......you can also simply lift the snowball up and carry it to the hole and simply put it in there.....:right:

One of my "al;dsjf;lsdjkfa;lsdkfj!" moments was when I realized you could use the octo-balloons to lift those huge flat black rocks up off of things to reveal the treasure chests. I was wasting my time with stasis+hammers to fling them off.

Another moment was realizing that instead of swimming around in the water trying to catch fish that are alive, I could just shoot a shock arrow into the water to kill them all, then quickly/easily go retrieve them.

Yet another happened early on in my first run-through of the game. I didn't realize at first how much of a difference it made to wear the proper gear for the task (ie: climbing gear to climb). This was not a huge "ah-ha!" moment, but it did make me facepalm a little when I realized that the benefits of the different armors actually made a difference, functionally ... and that armor was not just an aesthetic thing.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
One of my "al;dsjf;lsdjkfa;lsdkfj!" moments was when I realized you could use the octo-balloons to lift those huge flat black rocks up off of things to reveal the treasure chests. I was wasting my time with stasis+hammers to fling them off.
I cannot believe I never thought of that lmao, sure could have used this knowledge two days ago.....

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator

Another moment was realizing that instead of swimming around in the water trying to catch fish that are alive, I could just shoot a shock arrow into the water to kill them all, then quickly/easily go retrieve them.

Yet another happened early on in my first run-through of the game. I didn't realize at first how much of a difference it made to wear the proper gear for the task (ie: climbing gear to climb). This was not a huge "ah-ha!" moment, but it did make me facepalm a little when I realized that the benefits of the different armors actually made a difference, functionally ... and that armor was not just an aesthetic thing.
Oh **** yeah!!! I used many weapons to hit the object and then....I COULD USE OCTO BALLOONS! It could have saved me so much troubles!

I had the opposite issue. For the Thundra Plateau shrine quest, I ended up picking up the orbs and carrying them to the plateau and then ended up being unable to and had to use a weird combination of octoballoons, stasis, and arrows to get them up there from the base of the plateau. I guess you were supposed to stasis-golf them off their original platforms and I don't know why I didn't think to do it that way.

I had the opposite issue. For the Thundra Plateau shrine quest, I ended up picking up the orbs and carrying them to the plateau and then ended up being unable to and had to use a weird combination of octoballoons, stasis, and arrows to get them up there from the base of the plateau. I guess you were supposed to stasis-golf them off their original platforms and I don't know why I didn't think to do it that way.

Yep ... climb atop those two snake platform statue things, get your club out, statis the orb, and then hit it onto the plateau ... go over there and place the orb in the receptacle in the corresponding statue's base ... I would have never thought to octo-glide it over there.

funnier6

Courage~
You know that shrine quest where you're supposed to leave a metal weapon on top so it gets struck by lightning? I thought you were supposed to attract the lightning so I stood on it swinging my thunder blade trying to summon lightning until I got blasted off. ...Worked just fine though. o-o

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom