• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Future of the Hylian Knight Usergroup

Should the HK rank be kept?

• Keep the HK rank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do not keep the HK rank

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
No.. All clans would be given equal abilities, presumably.
I'm disregarding the privileges argument (that can easily be fixed). I'm more concerned about the private discussions about other members argument, which I assume would be preserved in this case. That and the argument that members can pick their own role models are the only ones I've seen that I can take seriously (though I still disagree with both).

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I'm more concerned about the private discussions about other members argument, which I assume would be preserved in this case. That and the argument that members can pick their own role models are the only ones I've seen that I can take seriously (though I still disagree with both).

In clans there would be no need to talk about which member is allowed to join or not join since anyone would be able to join (if that is what you mean and we are talking about clans here). I'd also be curious to hear why you disagree with both arguments that you took seriously?

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I'm disregarding the privileges argument (that can easily be fixed). I'm more concerned about the private discussions about other members argument, which I assume would be preserved in this case. That and the argument that members can pick their own role models are the only ones I've seen that I can take seriously (though I still disagree with both).

The banner and name color is still special. If users could create their own clans then this would be something everyone had.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
To the argument of discussing other members in secret:

I'll just echo JC's counter-argument. It happens. Staff positions are other good examples. There's no way around it. (Something like a blind poll with no discussion would preclude an informed decision.) Others have stressed that these discussions are mostly positive. Any negative comments that surface only serve to bring more light to the issue of whether the member would be suited for HK, not for gossip. If there's any gossiping in there I want it to stop. I try to keep the mod chat from gossiping too even though it's their job to discuss the negative actions of members. There's a big difference.

However, I appreciate Rep's argument. It's a con that needs to be outweighed by pros. This sort of discussion is necessary for mods/admins but they provide a necessary service to the community. HK would have to provide enough benefit to merit this awkward situation.

That brings me to the second argument, that members can choose their own role models.

...people can choose awful role models. What may seem good an admirable to one person isn't necessarily what we as a community value. Each forum community has its own expectations, and HKs let people know what our expectations are.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
In an effort to clear away some of the minor complaints that were distracting from the core issues, I've made a few small changes to the usergroup.

I've raised all other usergroups' PM limit to 200 and maximum created groups to 10, and made other adjustments to the HK usergroup so that it now matches the Established Users usergroup.

Further changes are still under discussion. Thanks for your patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom