• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild That Trailer Though

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
BOTW announced for March 3rd with the most hype trailer I've ever seen in a first party Nintendo game. Zelda crying and screaming sent a chill up my spine and I am officially HYPED!

Who #hyped here? What are your thoughts?

Voice acting and character expression really do look to add a layer of depth and emotion to the franchise that we've never seen before. This might be the closest link between Link and Zelda we've ever seen, and I look forward to exploring their relation. Also, I hope that woman's voice was Impa. She would serve to explain the backstory so well. And damn. Ganon actually looks like a terrible threat for once. Hype!

Reactions: Dio

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I actually really think that's the best Zelda trailer we've seen to date bar none.

The raw emotion displayed and voice/narration really makes me feel like this Zelda title is going to have a moving story alongside the huge amount of gameplay the open world should bring. I'm very excited.

Reactions: Dio

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I'm definitely excited. the voice acting and emotion has really added to the whole feeling. This is definitely showing lots of potential. I'm trying not to get over hyped though. Things are never as good when you get over hyped.

Brutal, epic, savage, elaborate, Gorons and Gerudo and the Zoras were so savvy, and hell the soundtrack mother of christ. This just raised the bar tenfold.

So beautiful. And that shot of Link dashing along the shoreline? And Zelda seems like such a fascinating character this time around.

Anyone have concerns about the voice acting though?

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Literally the only thing that disappointed me about this trailer was that in the Japanese dub when Zelda cried, it was like heartwrenching screaming sobs, and in the English dub her crying was more subdued. Both were still heartbreaking and realistic, but the hysterical crying felt a little more fitting to me.

BUT HOW WAS MY FAVORITE PART HEARING THE GORON'S VOICE SERIOUSLY TATL OUT OF EVERYTHING ELSE YOU CHOOSE THE GORON TO START OBSESSING OVER

Here are my notes:

Shame we didn't get to learn about the new cast, they look pretty cool. I also hope that Goron at 2:55 is Darunia

Link seems to be fighting a human enemy at 1:51. I doubt it's killable, but it's a pretty neat thing

I hope this is one of those games where Zelda only shows up 2 or 3 times. I got a bad feeling this game's gonna be all sappy and overly emotional and I am NOT gonna listen to that through the whole game.

Overall a very good trailer, it seemed to provide some good stuff to talk about until release

Jamie

Brutal, epic, savage, elaborate, Gorons and Gerudo and the Zoras were so savvy, and hell the soundtrack mother of christ. This just raised the bar tenfold.

So beautiful. And that shot of Link dashing along the shoreline? And Zelda seems like such a fascinating character this time around.

Anyone have concerns about the voice acting though?
Zelda's crying and the few words she said seemed a lot better in the Japanese version but maybe that's just me.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Okay, having now actually watched the thing I can say that I am quite impressed and hahahaha holy **** this looks good. I can't wait for this to come out! Might actually get a Switch right away. Maybe not. I dunno. Oh man.

Well it was something. Can't wait for people to analyze this thing and see what information can be gained from it that was not immediately obvious.

Also dear God, that soundtrack!

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
Yeah ok look, I'm not saying this is a day 1 purchase, but I'm already sitting at the front the doors so I can grab dat midnight release

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Zelda's crying and the few words she said seemed a lot better in the Japanese version but maybe that's just me.

Why was she ****ing crying in the first place!? Why does Nintendo have to paint the female as the delicate and emotional one? I wish they would have moved past this stereotype and had the muscular Goron crying onto Link instead.

This is not progressive and I for one refuse to buy the game because of it!

Jamie

Why was she ****ing crying in the first place!? Why does Nintendo have to paint the female as the delicate and emotional one? I wish they would have moved past this stereotype and had the muscular Goron crying onto Link instead.

This is not progressive and I for one refuse to buy the game because of it!
Zelda is a boy... haven't you ever played the games?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom