• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Secret Anonymous Mafia Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player 4

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Vote: Player 1

Player 8 and 7 coming at the end of that wagon look suspicious to me. Player 7 admitting it looked bad and then doing it anyway... That's weird. Don't like it at all. Wouldn't be surprised if one of those two was scum.

Why would you claim a PR on day 2 with one vote on you and an innocent read? Jesus Christ. I'm hoping this is just a clever ruse but seriously, what?

Hard to get a read on Player 3 with how little they've posted. I like them for the suspicion on Player 8, and the suspicion of Player 7 made sense at the time.

Player 4

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Vote: Player 1 for being first. You just had to be first twice, didn't ya?

With still 2 full days to go before deadline, you'd rather just vote an inactive? Why is an inactive more likely to be scum than player 1? I'm sure you have null-reads on both, so why does it matter?

unvote
Vote Player 8

With still 2 full days to go before deadline, you'd rather just vote an inactive? Why is an inactive more likely to be scum than player 1? I'm sure you have null-reads on both, so why does it matter?

unvote
Vote Player 8
Why go after an inactive on Day 1, a day when more information is better than less when you have the option of going after a player who can actually offer something. Either that inactive will be modkilled or replaced.

Pretty comfortable with my vote. Encourage others to pressure P8 as well.

What? Since when did RVS vote count as a serious vote-to-lynch?

Inform me how lynching an inactive would attract scum? If only it was that easy, and player's played according to specific meta based on their alignment.

Inform me how lynching an inactive would attract scum? If only it was that easy, and player's played according to specific meta based on their alignment.
You called it random, switching between P1 and P2. Not a random vote on P1.

LoveLetter - Doc was tied with Libk at the end of the Day and no scum was on Doc's wagon.
Dollhouse - Libk was PL'd and mido, his scumbud, did vote for him, only because Mido felt he was backed into a corner by Viral's questioning on Day 1.

You seem like someone who hasn't played much small games. While scum may hop on a PL-wagon in a large game because generally a larger game will have more activity, in a smaller game, they don't have to at all. It's by discourse we can pin scum, not by PL-ing an inactive and then going into a Day 2 with almost 0 information.

I have half a mind to vote for P6, but you stand out a bit more atm.

You called it random, switching between P1 and P2. Not a random vote on P1.

LoveLetter - Doc was tied with Libk at the end of the Day and no scum was on Doc's wagon.
Dollhouse - Libk was PL'd and mido, his scumbud, did vote for him, only because Mido felt he was backed into a corner by Viral's questioning on Day 1.

You seem like someone who hasn't played much small games. While scum may hop on a PL-wagon in a large game because generally a larger game will have more activity, in a smaller game, they don't have to at all. It's by discourse we can pin scum, not by PL-ing an inactive and then going into a Day 2 with almost 0 information.

I have half a mind to vote for P6, but you stand out a bit more atm.
Thought about it in the shower, and I changed my mind. I'm going be to be away from now till EOD, so:

Unvote
Vote: Player 6

Mainly because he/she FoS'd and mirrored my opinion on P8, but yet keeps their vote on me for no apparent reason. On a tangent, I'm up for lynch, so I'd rather even the odds a bit. And I'd rather not vote to lynch P8 just because their opinion on Day 1 tactics differs from mine (I just didn't like their non-commitment to a vote even after giving a vote candidate).

I just realized, after P8 posted their post above, that its only investigation and protection abilities available to us... So are the Mafia vanilla, or do they also have a chance to get the cycling abilities, and if so, they don't need a protection ability and what would their investigation uncover? The person's true account?
@Player 8 how did you come up with Mafia also being privy to investigative and protective abilities (or at least, the investigative) that are afforded to a player each night? I'd have assumed Mafia have a goon and gf.

I actually like Player 9 a hell of a lot more than I think I did. I missed the earlier investigation by Player 7 revealing him to be innocent, but he also genuinely pressured Player 8 quite a bit, though I dislike how he first ended up voting for Player 6 instead. Still, I see no reason to distrust Player 7's claim.

Player 4

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
so we're killing P6 based on a echoed RVS vote eh? i've seen worse lynch reasons I guess, although this seems pretty weak :umu:

I can almost see literal sweat on P9's brow when they voted P6. Low activity game and you have the most votes makes people do that though i guess, regardless of weak reasoning.

no seriously, I get why P9 is getting on the P6 wagon, but P8 and P7 are the real sinkers here to me. P2's vote seems like an rvs that got a kinda-but-not-really legit wagon going.

unless P6 is mafia, fml at that point

i forgot this game existed tbh

well with no counter claim we can only believe this is true, putting P9 in the town category for me.

Man honestly I was just looking for something to say to meet the post count. I didn't know what else to say and P6 really didn't seem like mafia to me at the end of the say tbh, he actually seemed kind of upset about it.

after looking back at the thread I thought P7 was most suspicious because his last vote, but you can say that about any bandwaggon like the P8 one going on right now. idk what to think really.

Player 5 is inactive as hell, but I like the opinions about Players 7 and 8 that they offered at the time. The lack of any votes, however, is concerning.

Player 4

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Unvote

Vote: Player 5

They still haven't shown up after all this time, and they were roleblocked last night. Verdict: Guilty.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
~Day 3 Final Vote Tally~

Player 5 (4) - P7, P2, P9, P4

With 6 players alive, 4 votes are required for a majority lynch. Day 3 will end Sunday, July 31st, 10PM PST.[/B]

With one person coming out and saying that the lack of a night kill made Player 5 suspicious, the town decided it was in their best interest to eliminate him. With Player 5 seemingly MIA, the town was confident that it was the right choice. With the majority of the players agreeing that he was the best lynch candidate, Player 5 was down before he could put up a fight.

Player 5 was the Mafia Godfather.

The Living (5)
The Dead (4)
Town + RegalBryant Wins!

Thanks for playing friends. The inactivity was extremely disappointing, but it was fun being able to mod the first game to utilize the Mafia Alts. I know the alternate account requirement contributed to the inactivity, so something may need to be done about that in the future, but how was it playing without knowing who anybody was? Did it make it more fun, or was it basically the same? I'm curious to know.

Anyway, my work here is done. Feel free to post in here with your regular accounts now. The passwords for the alternate accounts will be changed.

GG! I can't say I carried the game, but I hope I did decent.

Unfortunately, the only player whose identity I predicted correctly was Viral's. He was very in line with what I've come to expect from his small games.

I've also got to give some props to Regal for making it all the way to the end as third party. Very well done. There aren't too many third party wins in ZD history.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
I generally liked the alt system. It gave a new experience, especially to hear afterwards which number which player actually was. And it also gave a fair chance to newer players, because numbers are seen as equal.

Of course, the downsides of these alts were the need to constantly log in (which is sometimes annoying, so you post less), trying to stay anonymous (changing mannerisms, but also posting less. I tried to avoid posting solely in the European time zone, or everytime that I'm online as Kokirion, which of course as a side effect heavily decreases posting) and that it's hard to picture numbers in your head as individuals.

I do indeed believe that ALIT's suggestion to give them all avatars is a good one. Perhaps it would also even work to give them dummy names instead of numbers.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Had a feeling about Player 5. I wasn't sure about P8 though, so props to everyone who voted for him. Major props go out to Regal though, excellent game.

Nice little game, shame it was pretty quick. I'd actually love to see a full 18-20 anon game. For next time, here's a few of my ideas:

• Bigger game
  • Random names and avatars (like people said) to give some sort of identity to people
  • A way to log in easier (probably not possible)
  • At the end of the game have everyone guess the player's true identities

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I knew from discussing with Vergo that P6 was either Koki or Jamie so that was pretty nice read. P9 definitely had a Viral Maze vibe, so that makes sense. P4 as ALIT fits too. The rest I couldn't read as well.

I actually thought Vergo was LG though. The posting style seemed like LG trying to change her meta, and he admitted as much to trying to himself.

Regardless, I let the game get away from me too much. Played too risky, something I thought anonymity could afford us. Good game guys! I enjoyed it a lot, and I think more games with anon accounts would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom