• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Super Mario Odyssey

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
This looks like the perfect blend between Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy, and Super Mario Sunshine! This game has me genuinely excited, and I can't wait to see it! However, I am gonna wait a bit before buying the Switch (probably until Black Friday)

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
i am SOOOOOOO damn hype and excited for this,you dont even know

received_859078374234716.jpeg

It might be great, but I just have a gut feeling that this will go down in history as one of those weird 'black sheep' mario games of the franchise. I mean, it looks very different and kinda... odd. But time will tell...

Furthermore... I so want them to make an actual proper sequel to Mario 64. Like, same set up - a number of courses, accessed through one location ie peach's castle or something alike, with multiple stars for each course, same number of stars for each that is. Yes it would be a rehash, but a really good one.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I haven't been hugely into any Mario games in a while but this seems like something that I could get into when I pickup a Switch eventually. I actually never played Sunshine (I never had a GameCube until I was a late-teen) but have had other enjoyable times with 3D Mario titles such as Super Mario 64 and the Super Mario Galaxy games.

The design of the overworld being so.. erm.. realistic-ish is quite strange but nonetheless I am intrigued to see what they have in store for the game in that kind of overworld. They've certainly got my attention on this one for the first time in a while.

Pen

The game is on!
Seems like a lot of people would have wanted more direct sequels to the already existing 3D Mario games. I'm not against that idea myself. Galaxy 2 has already proved to us just how well Nintendo can make a second 3D Mario game using very similar mechanics at the previous one. In my opinion Galaxy 2 is even better than the first Galaxy game. Getting a Galaxy 3 at some point would be really neat imo because the Galaxy games always provide a wide variety of locations in their stages. And it'd also be cool to make a trilogy out of it, just like the old Super Mario Bros. Being a big fan of FLUDD, I would also love to see a sequel to Sunshine of course. I feel like it's the most odd out of the current four existing 3D Mario games, and I think it's definitely deserving of a sequel. As for Mario 64 I would certainly not complain about a sequel there either, but it's nothing that I've given particularly much thought.

Anyway, from what we've seen so far I think Odessye looks awesome and I can't wait to play it. As far as the Super Mario franchise goes, I've always preferred the 3D adventure games. All of the four games we've gotten so far have been fantastic in my opinion and I don't think Odyssey will be an exception. ^^

All of the four games we've gotten so far have been fantastic in my opinion and I don't think Odyssey will be an exception. ^^

Isn't there 6 3D Mario games? As there's also 3D World and 3D Land... (but 5 if you're counting home consoles only)

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Isn't there 6 3D Mario games? As there's also 3D World and 3D Land... (but 5 if you're counting home consoles only)
3D world and land are not 3D Mario games. They have a completely different formula, that, while not bad, isn't what 3D Mario fans are looking for.

Pen

The game is on!
Yeah, sure 3D Land and 3D World do have three-dimensional gameplay, but in every other aspect they feel much more like the 2D side-scroller Mario games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom