• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS DGN Tournament 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Welcome to the second Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS DGN Tournament! The bracket for this tournament can be found here. Below are the rules and tournament details, as posted previously:

Tournament Details
  • Tournament organizers: Fig, Krazy4Krash, Linkdude74, PhantomTriforce
  • Start date: November 19th, 2014
  • Format: Double elimination
    -First-round byes have been randomised. However, players who were in a disadvantageous position last tournament have been given priority.​
  • All sets will be best 2 out of 3 games, with the exception of the grand finals, which will be best 3 out of 5 games.
    -The player coming from the losers bracket will have to win 2 sets, while the player coming from the winners bracket will only have to win 1 set.​
  • 3 days per round
  • The tournament group currently has all necessary friendcodes. Here is the link. There is also a discussion there for placement in an optional Skype group if you would like the assistance in communication.

Rules
  • Do not modify the default in-game rules except in the following ways:
    -3 stock battle
    -Set customisations on
    -8 minute stock timer
    -Disable items​
  • Equipment is not allowed. You must take all equipment off the moveset(s) you plan to use before you play your matches, as you cannot edit customisations while in a group online.
  • In the case of the match timer running out, the player with more stocks wins. If stocks are the same, then the player with less % wins. If % is the same as well, then a 1-stock 3-minute game is played with the same characters and stage as a tie breaker.
  • If both players happen to lose their last stock at the exact same time and the game goes to Sudden Death, it is ignored. Instead, play a tie-breaker as described above.
  • However, if the game ends in a Sacrificial KO such as with Ganondorf's Flame Choke or Bowser's Flying Slam, and the game goes to Sudden Death, it is ignored and the initiator of the move is considered the winner.
  • Dave's Stupid Rule is applied; you cannot counterpick a stage you have already won on during the current set, unless the second player agrees. All Omega stages and Final Destination are tied together for this rule.

Match Procedure
  • The first character selection is a blind pick; both players should select a character and moveset without telling the other person.
  • The first stage selection will be a random Omega.
After the completion of the first game:
  1. The loser picks the stage out of the following:
    -Battlefield
    -Yoshi's Island
    -Prism Tower
    -Final Destination, or any specific Omega stage. Alternatively, the Random Omega option may be selected.​
  2. The winner can change characters if desired. They must tell the loser which character he/she will be.
  3. The loser can change characters if desired. They must tell the winner which character he/she will be.
  4. The winner chooses their custom moveset, or the default moves if they wish.
  5. The loser chooses their custom moveset, or the default moves if they wish. They may request to be told what the winner has selected beforehand.
  6. Both players must pick the same stage as agreed prior.

Other Points
  • Either player must post the results in this thread.
    -By default, the poster is assumed right, but the opponent has 24 hours to confirm or object.​
  • One of the TOs will update the Challonge bracket.
  • If an opponent does not respond for setting up a time for the match for 36 hours, contact one of the TOs. We will attempt to contact the player too; if the player does not respond for another 24 hours, you will win the match by default.
  • It is advised to save the replays of your matches, so in the case of a disagreement, they can be reviewed. The maximum length of the matches should be 8 minutes and can always been saved provided there is space in the SD card. As there is currently no official upload or share feature, recording the replay with your phone or camera and sending that footage to us is fine. Please be sure that you are able to see everything clearly at all times.
  • Do not overly ledge-stall to run out the timer. If you think your opponent might be doing this, send the replay to the TOs as detailed above.
  • If a player is caught cheating or breaking the rules in the winners bracket, he/she will be sent to the losers bracket. If a player is caught cheating or breaking the rules in the losers bracket, he/she will be disqualified.
    Cheating qualifies as, but is not limited to:
    -"Convincing" the other player in any way to let you win.
    -Letting someone else play for you.
    -Glitching the game so it becomes unplayable.​

There are 11 players in this tourney and five byes will take place in Round 1. The first three matches are printed below and must be completed by Saturday, November 22nd at 11:59 PM EST.

• PhantomTriforce vs. PrincessNiki
  • Justac00lguy vs. Mellow Ezlo
  • Avagon vs. Himura Kenshin

Last edited:

Sheik

:the:
Himura and I had our round, and he won 2-0. First match was on Omega Distant Planet. I was ZSS and he was Link, and he won that one. Second match was on Omega WarioWare. I was Sheik and he was Mario, and he won that too. It was really close at the end, until I accidentally committed suicide :p. GG

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Sorry for the delay, let's blame the new Nintendo games that have come out. Right now, the current games that can be played for Round 2 are:
  • A Link in Time vs. PhantomTriforce
  • Linkdude74 vs. Fig
  • Krazy4Krash vs. Himura Kenshin
Heroine of Time will play the winner of Justac00lguy vs. Mellow Ezlo, which is a matchup that still needs to be completed for Round 1. These should all be done by Friday, November 28th 11:59pm EST.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Himura and I played. The first match was my Ganondorf versus his Link on omega Yoshi's Island. For the second game, he chose to play on Prism Tower, I played Samus and he stayed with Link. I won both games, so it ended up 2-0 for me. Thanks for the games! They were great ones.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Let's move on. For Round 3 of the winners bracket, the following matches need to be played:

• PhantomTriforce vs. Fig
  • Heroine of Time vs. Krazy4Krash
For Round 1 of the losers bracket:

• Himura Kenshin vs. PrincessNiki
  • Linkdude74 vs. Justac00lguy
  • A Link in Time vs. Avagon
Let's say Friday December 5th 2014 11:59pm EST for these to be done.

Fig

The Altruist
Me and Phantom did our matches just now and the final result was a 2-1 victory towards me. For all three matches I was King Dedede and he was Shiek. Our first match took place in Omega Tortimer Island where I barely won the first match. We then headed out to Omega Paper Mario where Phantom rightfully claimed victory. For our final match we went to Battlefield where I was able to pull off the cleanest 3 stock victory I've done in recent days took the win. All in all this was a great match between me and Phantom and good luck to Phantom for the rest of the tournament.

I have the final battle saved so if anyone wants to see the match, I could try and upload it to YouTube.

Last edited:

Sheik

ALIT and I had our match, and I won 2-0. First round was on Omega Pac-Maze, with me as Lucina and him as Bowser. Second round was on Final Destination, with me as Sheik and him as Wario. So GG. :)

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Heroine of Time and I played our matches, and I won both the first two games. The first was on Final Destination, I played as Ganondorf and she was Rosalina. The second was on omega Gaur Plains, I chose Samus while she remained Rosalina. We had some troubles with the second game, as it kept dropping out during the first stock, but it eventually pulled through to finish. It was quite exciting still, thanks for the games!

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Next up is Round 4 of the winners bracket (semifinals) and Round 2 of the losers bracket. The games are:

• Fig vs. Krazy4Krash
  • Mellow Ezlo vs. Himura Kenshin
  • Linkdude74 vs. Avagon

These should be completed by Tuesday, December 9th 2014, 11:59pm EST. Let's speed through, there's only a little bit of the tournament to go.

Sheik

I won against Linkdude 2-0. First match I was Zero Suit Samus and he was Jigglypuff. Second match I was Falco and he was Captain Falcon (those 10 push-ups tho). The stages were both random Omegas. So, uh, yeah, GG :^]]]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom