• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Star Fragments

I have no idea where to find them. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

When night falls get to a place with a good vantage point. They dont always fall every night but as far as i know they only happen at night.

Youll see what looks like a shooting star or small meteor hit the ground and a pillar of light will indicate where it hit. Then youve got to get to it.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
When night falls get to a place with a good vantage point. They dont always fall every night but as far as i know they only happen at night.

Youll see what looks like a shooting star or small meteor hit the ground and a pillar of light will indicate where it hit. Then youve got to get to it.
What @Spirit said. Note that they don't hang around forever. I don't know exactly how long they remain there but they disappear rather quickly, so once you see one you've gotta hustle.

Thank you! :)

You can also get at least one as a quest reward, and I think I remember seeing that it's a rare drop from amiibo (although I may have been a specific amiibo)... but chasing them down at night is the quickest way.

Total pain in the ass to farm these.

• Sit on a mountain star gazing for them? You miss it because it fell in the opposite direction to where you were looking.
  • To busy doing the many other things this game has to offer? You miss it.
  • Can't reach it in time? You miss it.
  • Can't find it after searching? You miss it.
  • RNG not your friend and none drop for a while even thuogh you were star gasing? You miss it.
  • RNG not your friend and after trying the amiibo over and over (using the save trick) and no star fragments in the chest - You miss it.

Considering you need a lot of these, like at least 10x to upgrade everything, this is a real pain and annoying. Upgrading everything that requires star fragments will take a very very long time if RNG hates you.

LinksASleeping

The Adventure Of Me
Total pain in the ass to farm these.

• Sit on a mountain star gazing for them? You miss it because it fell in the opposite direction to where you were looking.
  • To busy doing the many other things this game has to offer? You miss it.
  • Can't reach it in time? You miss it.
  • Can't find it after searching? You miss it.
  • RNG not your friend and none drop for a while even thuogh you were star gasing? You miss it.
  • RNG not your friend and after trying the amiibo over and over (using the save trick) and no star fragments in the chest - You miss it.

Considering you need a lot of these, like at least 10x to upgrade everything, this is a real pain and annoying. Upgrading everything that requires star fragments will take a very very long time if RNG hates you.

Which amiibo drops star fragments?

You can also get at least one as a quest reward
Iirc the sidequest is the dragonfly one at one of the stables. I think it was one of the Eldin stables; some girl wants the three different dragonfly varieties.

I find they're easier to come across if you're not actively looking for them. Sometimes you'll just see one fall and you can pursue it then. Plus if you don't see it falling, they do have a beacon until morning, which you may notice on your own. Mark it with a pin and warp to the shrine nearest it.

This might be useful information for those of you who are short on time 'til daylight. Something I learned while waiting for the Blood Moon for a shrine quest is that passing time by a fire (night to night) does not make them disappear so if you need more time to get to one, set up a fire and pass time until night.

Iirc the sidequest is the dragonfly one at one of the stables. I think it was one of the Eldin stables; some girl wants the three different dragonfly varieties.
The one I was thinking of was the balloon one at (I think) woodland stable.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
You also get one in Lurelin Village if you feed the dog 3 pieces of fruit or meat after he warms up to you. Follow him and he'll lead you to a chest with a star fragment.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I found like four pretty early in the game, but I just sold them all for some good money. Had I known they were this rare I would have held on to them. DX

Same although I only had one and it was from a chest I got from an amiibo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom