• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Speculation: HW2 or a remake on NX?

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
I've heard rumors (not of a substantial source, though) that NX could eventually get a Hyrule Warriors 2, or possibly a remake of HWL with all the extra features. In going to treat this as speculation, but if something like that is in the works, I think I can say I'd get it for sure. My biggest problem with the WiiU version is that the 3DS version is just better. The improvements are substantial enough to warrant a remake, but I do kind of hate how I had to start from square one upon buying the new game, so a sequel would excite me much more because it would be 100% new content rather than replaying for a third time.
What about you? Would you get a new Hyrule Warriors for NX?

Feverish

Source of stink
I haven't played any other HW games so if there was a new one coming on the NX I'd like to start with it

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I won't be surprised if they make a HW game for NX with all of the content from both wiiu and 3DS (including DLC). Now if they would add HW2 to it and a way to transfer saved data to the game, it would be okay. But I doubt it will.

I would certainly prefer a sequel. I mean, I already own the original, I'm not buying the 3DS or any other remake version.

I would love a sequel, although I don't see how it would be practical. There aren't that many Zelda scenarios and characters. With all the DLC I can't envision what more a true sequel would offer.

Legends was a sequel of sorts, since it added to the storyline, but it didn't feel substantial to me. I was disappointed because I felt it was somewhat marketed as a sequel when it was really a port with some extra content.

I would be surprised if they did this. I agree that there isn't much to do for a sequel, and it's too early for a (second!) remake- they may be worried that it just won't make enough money. But, if they did release a Hyrule Warriors NX I would totally buy it. Especially if it had all the gameplay improvements that Legends brought and more.

I don't think they should have a sequel. It was a good spin off but I don't think it deserves more sequels. I have a feeling they might try and have another port with extra content for NX (by that I mean it will be Hyrule Warriors Legends with breath of wild stuff added in.)

I wouldn't be surprised if they come out with Breath of the Wild dlc for Hyrule Warriors when that game comes out as a cross promotion. That might be the best to hope for rather than a completely new sequel.

Hyrule Warriors 2 is a given I think eventually, but I would not be suprised if they released an NX version of the first game with all DLC content included as well.

Well with the Nintendo switch reveal from the looks of it they are just doing upgrades to current games. Mario Kart and Mario 3D looks like upgrades of the wii U games. I know Mario will be all new levels etc. but it appears the core of these two are the same so I think Hyrule Warrios for switch will be the same game with some upgrades as Sheken said

Well with the Nintendo switch reveal from the looks of it they are just doing upgrades to current games. Mario Kart and Mario 3D looks like upgrades of the wii U games. I know Mario will be all new levels etc. but it appears the core of these two are the same so I think Hyrule Warrios for switch will be the same game with some upgrades as Sheken said

Possibly. Are you thinking they will remake WiiU games to offset the fact the WiiU didn't sell well?

No, I think they just want a bunch of good launch games. Because of this they are taking the wii u games that did well and making them into launch games.

The problem with wii u and with the 3ds is that there were not many great launch games. Because of this it took awhile for people to get into the systems. With great launch games I think they hope to sell more units faster.

I know this is off topic to the thread so back to the topic. I think they will release a hyrule warriors with all the DLC and legends DLC content plus maybe a bit more within the year of the Nintendo switch launch.

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
I loved Hyrule Warriors, but I didn't buy HWL because I didn't think I'd like playing it on the 3DS. That being said, I'd probably buy a Switch version with all the content & DLC from both games plus some updating and such. I had such a great time playing HW, and I'd appreciate a sequel or a special edition remaster or whatever on Switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom