• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword on Dolphin

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
So I've been trying to get Dolphin to run on my laptop so I can play Skyward Sword in HD. I have a copy of the game that I picked up a while ago at GameStop, but it just looks so bad on my HDTV playing on a WiiU so when I heard about Dolphin I figured I would give it a try.

I had an issue with the Wiimote pointer not showing up so I got a DolphinBar and that issue has since been corrected and I can play.

For the most part, I'm enjoying the experience. During regular gameplay (I haven't gotten to any intense battles - I literally just started playing in the last 5 mins) things are running smoothly. However there is some stuttering audio and lagging video and a major drop in frame rate during cutscenes.

Is there anyone on the forum skilled with Dolphin who might be able to suggest the best settings for me to get smooth gameplay, audio, and video and as close to HD as possible for my PC?

I'm happy to post my PC's stats. I just need to know specifically what stats are necessary and I'm happy to provide them as well as the settings I'm currently using on Dolphin.

I'd really appreciate the help!

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I really don't think this is the place. I would Google "dolphin optimization" or "Skyward Sword dolphin" or something. Chances are you'll have to disable a lot of features.

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
Yeah I've done a fair bit of googling on it - Unfortunately most of what I've found that is specific to Skyward Sword involves older versions of Dolphin. I was just hoping that someone on here might have played SS on Dolphin as well and could possibly guide me towards appropriate settings for my PC's stats. No worries.

EDIT: I lowered it to 2.5x native instead of 3x and it still looks so gorgeous compared to the Wii and there aren't any frame rate drops or audio stutters now! Really loving this game!

Last edited:
What are your PC's specs?

I haven't played SS on Dolphin, but from other games, the biggest changes performance hits are from anti-aliasing and resolution. Check the dolphin wiki, it's usually pretty good at pointing out how to get around persisting problems.

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
Yeah I edited the post to explain that I got it working by dropping the resolution.

It worked very well, and I'm actually watching the end credits now - it was such a wonderful game and I'm glad I got to experience it in HD.

I might have to check it out. I enjoyed skyward sword but sometimes the jagged lines in the game just get to me. I think this would have looked much nicer in an hd remake than twilight princess. But a hd remake or even hd remaster would have been justified at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom