• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Since the world is so large...

...do you think there is the possibility that Termina is incorporated? I remember that Termina and the Great Sea in Phantom Hourglass really struck me as being similar, either by design or coincidence. And since the map is twelve times larger than the map in Twilight Princess, I would like to believe that it could be possible. That or I read too much into the "Sheikah made Majora's Mask" theory. What do you think?

Pen

The game is on!
I doubt it very much. As far as I know Termina is like an alternate dimension to to Hyrule; in other words it's in another world entirely. With the huge overworld we will get in BotW, I just think it'll be the Hyrule we all know and love, but in a much grander and more realistic scale.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I would love for Termina to be in another Zelda game(and to not be a parallel dimension), but I don't think it's very likely.

I doubt it very much. As far as I know Termina is like an alternate dimension to to Hyrule; in other words it's in another world entirely. With the huge overworld we will get in BotW, I just think it'll be the Hyrule we all know and love, but in a much grander and more realistic scale.
Unfortunately, this is always the nail in the coffin whenever I think about Termina and Hyrule being connected physically: wouldn't the moon imperil Hyrule as well?

I would love for Termina to be in another Zelda game(and to not be a parallel dimension), but I don't think it's very likely.

Hopefully Breath of the Wild is a stepping stone to a very large world where all the locales (Hyrule, Termina, Holodrum, Labrynna, etc.) can be put together as one with immense detail. It's a thought. (Also, you like Rurouni Kenshin? You ever think about the fact that since the sword blade is reversed, Kenshin is just running around bashing guys with a really elaborate crowbar?)

I disagree. It seems like separate dimensions like Termina and others are only used in one game and then never used again. It would be cool though. If anything, maybe BotW could have its own separate dimension.

As cool as that sounds on paper, I doubt it. Would love for them to find a way to at least let you revisit Termina, if only briefly.

Djinn

and Tonic
It is really looking like they are trying to make it about as close to the NES version of Hyrule as possible with the OoT species and faces. So expect Nintendo to be incorporating the most "iconic" versions of Zelda into the game, which I do not think will include things from the non Hyrule/triforce/Ganon games.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I'm fairly confident it's just Hyrule, but I agree that the inclusion of other places could be cool, especially Holodrum and Labrynna.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Unfortunately, this is always the nail in the coffin whenever I think about Termina and Hyrule being connected physically: wouldn't the moon imperil Hyrule as well?

In the adult timeline Link never went to Termina as he was sealed in the sacred realm for 7years. Assuming the events of MM took place still (as in the Skull Kid got the mask) Termina would have been destroyed by the moon in both the Adult and Decline timelines and as we see no repurcussions for Hyrule in these timelines arising from the result of this we can assume the connection is not physical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom