• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Sherlock Mafia: The Game Is On!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
Day 2 Final Vote Tally:
karu - 1 (Storm)
Mido - 1 (karu)
Doc - 1 (Moonstone)

Not voting - Libk, DekuNut, Mido, Johnny Sooshi, Tristan, Toxic_Snowman, Ver-go-a-go-go, Doc

The day got some good discussions started, but sadly it did not lead anywhere. The group was unable to decide on a fair lynch target, so they decided to call it a day and continue tomorrow. However, one of the citizens had been very quiet. In fact, she had not said anything all day. The rest of the citizens simply thought it was a shame that they had not gotten any response from this particular citizen, but right as the meeting ended and everyone was about to go home, an unexpected lightning bolt strikes down from the sky and hits Doc, the one who had been silent all day. Devastated at the surprising death the rest of them went home to rest before getting back into this tomorrow.

Doc was Molly Hooper, the Poison Doctor.

The living (10):
Moonstone
Libk
DekuNut
Storm
Mido
Johnny Sooshi
Tristan
karu
Toxic_Snowman
Ver-go-a-go-go

The dead (3):
Din.Farore.Nayru - Mycroft Holmes, the Roleblocker (lynched day 1)
Minish_Link - Sally Donovan, the Watcher (killed night 1)
Doc - Molly Hooper, the Poison Doctor (mod killed day 2)

Night 2 begins!

Those of you with active power roles, please PM me your night actions before Sunday, December 4th 2016 at 11:00 PM CET.

Pen

The game is on!
Another restless night followed, with a lot of people being out tending to business. Storm was one of them. He had been out and about, but while he was on his way back home he was confronted by a woman dressed in black. She stopped him in a narrow street, standing right in front of him. Storm looked at her and tried to think of what to do.

“I don’t trust you,” the woman said and pulled out a pistol that she pointed at Storm. “Sorry if I’m mistaken.” Then she pulled the trigger and killed Storm.

The rest of the citizens found Storm’s body in the morning when they all gathered. His death was not terrible for them, although it wasn’t great either.

Storm was Irene Adler, the Survivor.

The living (9):
Moonstone
Libk
DekuNut
Mido
Johnny Sooshi
Tristan
karu
Toxic_Snowman
Ver-go-a-go-go

The dead (4):
Din.Farore.Nayru - Mycroft Holmes, the Roleblocker (lynched day 1)
Minish_Link - Sally Donovan, the Watcher (killed night 1)
Doc - Molly Hooper, the Poison Doctor (mod killed day 2)
Storm - Irene Adler, the Survivor (killed night 2)

Day 3 begins!

With 9 players alive it takes 5 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Saturday, December 10th 2016 at 11:00 PM CET.

karu

Panamaniac
Looking back to day 1 and even on day 2, Storm and Tristan were awfully close; Tristan defending Storm and both voting for Mido early during day 1. Though that could just be cause of the RVS. And
if only Tristan was in the skype chat. I have about 10 Mojis with his name on it
Careless mistake or strategic way of hiding in plain sight?
Do you have any reasons of your own to vote for Karu, or is your basis mainly what Moonstone said?

I'm slightly confused by what you're trying to say here. I don't recall either me nor Storm asking anybody to jump on lynches with us. If you're referring to our RVS votes on Mido, I have to make it a tradition to wave to Mido in every game ;)

Anyway, I was looking back and happened to notice this that I ignored initially:

What Skype chat? This could very well be meaningless, but I think this quote is important to keep in mind as a possible slip up. I'm not suspicious of Storm at this point, so this is mostly just for archiving purposes if some other evidence ever presents itself.

I like how analytical you are @Moonstone, you're doing more scumhunting than anybody else here. However, I disagree with you on Karu. I read her posts as a newbie trying not to look scared. I'm not completely discounting the possibility of her being newbie scum, but I stand neutral at this point, since her posts could go either way.

Now while my Day 1 vote on Mido was completely RVS, there's something about his recent posts that have me on edge, but it's not very strong. I have to go to class soon but I'm gonna look into his posts more later today and report back after.
Skype chat? This could be like a friend to friend chat, or mafia discussing who and how to kill a townie. Tristan dismisses it as meaningless and a possible slip up; Tristan just basically said letting it slip that they could be mafia. And after that he defends Storm and says that he isn't suspicious of Storm. Then casually slipping in that he's suspicious of Mido but his suspicions weren't that strong, making it seem like he was a townie.

With these new conclusions I've come to terms with, I'm leaning towards Mido being town and Tristan being scum. Not voting yet though

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Well, Karu, Storm wasn't mafia. He's what we call third part. They are neither town, nor mafia, they don't know the alignments of other players, they have their own win cons. Survivor has to make it to the end of the game alive, Serial killer wants to murder both sides, etc. So if Storm and Tristan had a Skype chat for this game then that's a really odd version of Survivor or Tristan is a role that can choose to chat with one person of their choice during the game, abd that role is usually town.

I think it's more likely that storm was just prying at Tristan.

karu

Panamaniac
Well, Karu, Storm wasn't mafia. He's what we call third part. They are neither town, nor mafia, they don't know the alignments of other players, they have their own win cons. Survivor has to make it to the end of the game alive, Serial killer wants to murder both sides, etc. So if Storm and Tristan had a Skype chat for this game then that's a really odd version of Survivor or Tristan is a role that can choose to chat with one person of their choice during the game, abd that role is usually town.

I think it's more likely that storm was just prying at Tristan.
I know Pendio just explained it to me so now I'm not so confident in my recent assumption. But I can't erase it at least I didn't vote :)

Mido

Version 1
It seems we are coming down to a dangerous line right now given that no scum has died. I am surprised about Storm's turn even if I expected him to not be scum.

Peering back from my brief period of inactivity, for which I apologize, I think it is worth looking into the spat between Moonstone and Johnny. I think based on this occurrence at first glance, I'll do the following:

Preliminary Scum Combo without Reads, commence!
Bada Bing: Moonstone
Bada boom: DekuNut
Realest guys in the room: Toxic_Snowman

How you doin'? Obviously I'm just throwing out names right now, although the latter two have been under my radar for some time this game. Moonstone honestly depends on how I read her discussion with Johnny. I mean it this time, i think at this point we can all come up with complete reads, so I will endeavor to do the same!

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
But Midoo :kawaii:

Anyways, I now find it less likely that Karu is scum. I doubt anyone - especially a newbie - would come up with the "Pretend they think third party is scum" thing for said new player. It could work but it's not something most of us would come up with I feel.

karu

Panamaniac
But Midoo :kawaii:

Anyways, I now find it less likely that Karu is scum. I doubt anyone - especially a newbie - would come up with the "Pretend they think third party is scum" thing for said new player. It could work but it's not something most of us would come up with I feel.
Not everything was in the beginners guide lol, so yeah

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Hey all, at work so I can't get a detailed word in right now. I'm pretty disappointed in Doc's flip since it makes me look scummy. That's what I get for trying I guess. I am town and I'm not sure what other than my scum hunting attempts will make you all think otherwise. I think I've been very fair in all my attempts too.

Btw does this seem like a vigilante kill to anyone? And if so, does that mean the mafia didn't get a kill? I think I smell a doctor.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Actually now that I think about it we're definitely missing a kill. We had a poison Doctor and the poisoners first death would go through Night 2. We only had the one death, so on either night someone was stopped.

Mido

Version 1
Hey all, at work so I can't get a detailed word in right now. I'm pretty disappointed in Doc's flip since it makes me look scummy. That's what I get for trying I guess. I am town and I'm not sure what other than my scum hunting attempts will make you all think otherwise. I think I've been very fair in all my attempts too.

Btw does this seem like a vigilante kill to anyone? And if so, does that mean the mafia didn't get a kill? I think I smell a doctor.

I honestly think Doc was a secondary target for a decent number of us, myself included, so I don't quite know how far that goes in evaluating your play thus far since you have been the most proactive of us. As for the second thing, after reviewing the previous flavor; you might be right. The woman in the scene almost screams vig based on the context (I'm going to go off on a limb and wager the vig has a limited number of shots). The mafia's kill, if the vig exists, was probably blocked in some way as you said; and I suppose it could add up as I cannot quite discern why the mafia would go after Storm?

Actually now that I think about it we're definitely missing a kill. We had a poison Doctor and the poisoners first death would go through Night 2. We only had the one death, so on either night someone was stopped.

Interesting point, DekuNut. This almost certainly indicates that a poisoner is among us, and based on Storm's flip, I assume the poisoner is allied with the mafia. Anyways, I will share the first of my reads right now.

1. Toxic_Snowman
With the exception of Vergo, Toxic has the least amount of posts among the living players. Browsing through his posts, it seems all but this one were fluff:

Toxic_Snowman said:
Interesting. Like some have brought up before me, I'm not sure why Minish_Link was chosen. Maybe because they weren't active early on, and would be a fairly inconspicuous night kill? I don't know, just a thought. They didn't really do much that would pose a threat to the Mafia.

He basically just comments on the night scene and target after a couple of others did the same. This sort of thing can be a very discreet measure in terms of appearing to contribute without too much substance. What worries me more is that this was his last post, and not only that, I'm sad because I asked him a few questions along the way and none have been answered! :( Toxic_Snowman has generally been a cautious player in the past, but as far as his town game goes, he maintains said cautiousness while also keeping a certain skepticism about him and he contributes well in this regard (see Mafia Revival for instance). His behavior in this game is tinged with discreetness, which puts me on edge. I'd wager him among the scum, if not just an inactive town player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom