• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Reworking the Hylian Knights

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Rep brought up a good point to me that three options would not be feasible as it would be incredibly difficult to reach a majority for any one decision. In that case, I think a poll asking whether or not the Hylian Knight should be kept or removed should be posted first. If the keep position receives majority support, a subsequent poll asking whether to keep the HKs in their current form or rework them should be posted.

To prevent people who are inactive in the community from swaying the vote one way or the other, specific activity requirements for whose vote counts could be implemented. These requirements would be incredibly lenient to solely weed out those who are never on otherwise or solely create accounts solely to vote. For example, a poll could mandate that participants have been members of the forum f or at least three months and have posted at least five times in that same time frame.

With all this being said, it might be best to delay such an option until the current situation calms down.

Agreed, this would be the best option available. I also should add that newer members should be prevented from voting since they may not be properly up to date with current forum issues of major impact, such as this, and also could easily be swayed due to their lack of knowledge.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
We should let things cool down for a good while before doing a poll again. But if or when it is done again, there needs to be more than two options. There is not just two. There's several. There's complete removal, leaving it alone as it is now, restarting it, converting it into a clan, changing the voting system again, perhaps more. Several options. Presenting it as only two choices, putting an emphessis on removal, biased the last poll when that was not the list of options that we had.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
We should let things cool down for a good while before doing a poll again. But if or when it is done again, there needs to be more than two options. There is not just two. There's several. There's complete removal, leaving it alone as it is now, restarting it, converting it into a clan, changing the voting system again, perhaps more. Several options. Presenting it as only two choices, putting an emphessis on removal, biased the last poll when that was not the list of options that we had.

ALIT and someone else I believe pointed out that this would not work well to find what the majority wants. It would be best, as ALIT said, to first put out a poll with the two options "Keep the HKs" or "Remove the HKs" and work from there. Nobody is claiming these are the only two options but is a good place to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom