• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 8/10

I am glad that this film not only lives up to those in the Harry Potter series but also I believe stands as a good film even for people who haven't seen HP. For those that have seen and read HP there are some nice little fan services thrown in as well.

Visually the film looked good. I enjoyed the 20's New York setting and I was impressed with the creature design.

Fantastic Beasts had a decent soundtrack including original compositions and also recognisable music from HP.

I really liked the main characters and casting. I don't know if we will see them all again as the next film is supposed to be set in Europe but I hope some return.

On top of the magical creatures it also featured a pug so I could probably give it top marks for that.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Bad Moms: 3/5
A chick flick disguised as a rowdy comedy. It has it's moments.

Jungle Book: 3/5
Good movie overall, but it's short and boring sometimes. Should really use the downtime to make me care more about the characters.

Sausage Party: 1/5
It's pretty bad. Seems like they thought it's hilarious to have food curse and have sex.

Legend of Tarzan: 3/5
Just like jungle book, honestly. Lol.

Warcraft: 3/5
I feel it gets too much heat. Still, you can totally see why if you watch it. I'm just glad it wasn't terrible.

Central Intelligence: 4/5
My kind of comedy. It also has lots of cameos and meme references. I laughed a lot, too.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
The Visit: 8/10

I was a bit hesitant going into it, because it's an M Night Shyamalan movie and his recent ones haven't been that great, but this one was actually pretty good. The 'twist' wasn't trying to be too elaborate, and was just a normal, decent twist. I also like how the movie was set up as being a documentary that the daughter was making.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

9.5/10

It was super-awesome yo! My lil squirrel brain can't even handle it :cow:
Seriously though I found it really awesome having read the Harry Potter series and being into all this stuff and the movie is also just a really solid film on its own too.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Fantastic Beast and where to find them 9/10.

Arrival 8/10.

100 million years BC 1/10. This movie was seriously meant to be a disaster. At least some movies which are bad can turn good because of them being so bad. But this one...nope.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
The Last Witch Hunter 7/10

Fun basic fantasy with a really unique premise that unfortunately isn't really given the opportunity to shine through. It's hard to go wrong with Vin Diesel (I'll forgive him The Pacifier, but never again Vin!!) plus Mike Cane + Frodo Baggins + That SMOKING HOT Redhead from GoT makes for an eclectic and surprisingly workable cast.

Rather generic uninspired action scenes with some creative special effects and a villain that's ... meh and by all rights should be so much better. But the movie's good for a once over.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Kingsglaive:Final Fantasy XV- 7/10

As a standalone movie, I simply cant say if I would have enjoyed it as much as I did since I watched it as a tie in to the game which I am already familiar with. Therefore I went in positive when I started watching and knew beforehand who a lot of the characters are and have a liking towards them that did not come simply from watching this film.

I found the music and visuals to be great and the voice acting on point. My main criticism is that I feel they could have developed certain side characters more.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - 5/10

I actually like Star Wars a lot but if I am to give an honest opinion I have got to say that apart from the soundtrack, the fanservice and last 10 minutes this film was otherwise boring and mediocre.

The opening involved a lot of annoying scene jumping and setting changes. I had a disinterest in the main characters and the unoriginal plot and when you know how a film will end (in this case because you have seen the other Star Wars films) the actual journey from beginning to that end is especially important.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The Croods 5/10 - This was apparently the best Christmas TV was offering yesterday at around 11am. It was an ok film, and had some beautiful scenes but it just wasn't particularly funny like I felt it should have been.

Mido

Version 1
Kung Fu Panda 3: 8.25/10

I personally found it difficult to rate the movies in this series since they all manage to reach a similar level of consistent good. Not much to say here, since Kung Fu Panda has a bit of everything in terms of what is good. Good story, good characters, and it reaches an awesome mix of serious and comedic moments. This one in particular stands out because of its villain, Kai, voiced by none other than J.K. Simmons. Arguably the funniest villain in the trilogy, but doesn't quite reach the levels of Shen from the second film in terms of being the complete package in villainy. Overall, I think this movie is about the same level as the first movie, perhaps slightly better, but it is difficult to say. The second is still the strongest movie from my perspective.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Star Wars Rouge one a Star Wars story.

9/10

The first part of the movie was a bit of a chore. After that, the movie was spectacular. Everything about it was amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom