• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Game That You Played

Persona 5. 10/10

I've been playing the persona series (and SMT) for a long time. This has the best battle system/dungeon diversity of them all, a compelling story, and a bigger injection of SMT than the series has had in a long time.

Persona 5 -- 8/10

I like the game, i like the characters and story but i dont like the time management side of things. I power level in RPGs but levels alone in Persona wont get you very far, you need stats too but the best ways to uo the stats are by doing tasks in your student life. This would be fine but when i plan a stat grind the story takes my time away from me and i can lose days in mere minutes so im always feeling terribly underpowered, even though im still doing well, i cant shake the feeling like ive lost lots of opportunities.

Still its one of the nost refreshing and stylish games ive played in a long time.

D

Deleted member 84722

I will rate the last 2 games I played since they are both amazing and worth playing:

Legend of Zelda (NES): - 8.3/10

For an NES game, this has to be one of the best ones I have ever played. If you came here looking for a story, you might as well go away as there is no story besides "Ganon kidnapped Zelda, go save her." However, what the game lacks in story it makes up for in content. You have 18 dungeons over 2 quests, and quite a bit of hidden secrets easily amassing to more than 20 hours of content, even more if you decide to explore for yourself and not look anything up online.

When it comes to the gameplay, Nintendo pretty much nailed it considering the hardware they were working with. They probably spent a lot trying to get the gameplay just right, and that time paid off. Keep in mind this game is quite a challange, and there are moments that will make you want to throw your controller against the wall, (could also be your keyboard or phone depending on what you decided to play it on) which I find to be a good thing considering the fact that the newer games are a lot easier.

Overall, this game is worth playing and with the advent of emulation, it can easily be played on any device with an NES emulator. (Don't ask me for roms since I will not provide them to you. You probably own a Nintendo console so really you should just buy the game on virtual console. :) )

Tales from the Borderlands - 9/10
-Its difficult to rate Telltale games because theyre essentially interactive cutscenes, so the quality of their writing and pacing etc rather than gameplay and variety is what comes under review.
Having not played any other Borderlands game i was surprised at how quickly and smoothly Telltale brought me into the world. I didnt get the obvious references but the story and characters were very believable and very entertaining. So good job. Couldnt really fault it.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 9/10
-i played the wiiU version and loved it. I held off on getting Deluxe because i didbmnt want to shell full price again afyer i'd bought the DLC for the I version. However i got my copy for £10 after trading in the original copy and Skyrim Spec Ed.
I like the changes to battlemode. Its fun but i'd have liked a simple set up like the Snes and 64 version instead of numbered rounds. The other modes are cool too.

The biggest bugger is having two items again. I had just gotten used to having one in the U version, now that we have two again i'm not sure if the game was balanced for two. Even on 50cc the storm of items is insane and higher classes are way harder than they used to be. I'd have liked an option to keep one item or two depending on your preference. I can see how that wouldnt work for online though.

Ita also nice to see the Inklings side by side with nintendo veterans. Splatoon is very different in style to nearly everything else nintendo has done so ot has always seemed 'other' but it feels more like a branded nintendo product now that i see Inklings blue shelling Mario.

Arms Testpunch 7/10

Fun but there needs to be a few changes.

I worry big time about the metagame because Arms is almost tailored for metabusers, i'm not sure balance patches are going to fully rectify the problems that elite abusers are gonna exploit.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
BotW: 9.5/10

I thought the game was solid. It had everything I was looking for except for one thing, a powerful soundtrack. But I could easily over look that which is why I gave it the .5. I'll say that it is one of the only games I have ever played that goes above and beyond my expectations and that is a thing that I think is fairly universal to Zelda games.

Tekken 7 -- 8/10

Tekken has always been a high quality franchise and Tekken 7 is up there with 5 & 3 for my favourites in the series.

35+ characters and future classic characters will be part of free updates. A full story mode and character side stories, treasure mode, offline arcade, versus, training, online ranked and tournaments, full soundtracks and movies from every past tekken game and rare art galleries makes this a very full package.

This puts street fighter 5 to absolute shame in terms of content. Capcom should be ashamed when Namco can put out something like this.

Rare Addict

Site Staff
Injustice 2 -- 9/10

Brawl's Subspace Emissary aside, this is the new standard for single-player fighting game campaigns. On top of that, it's got one of the most robust rosters I've seen in a long time. What I appreciate the most, though, is how the game provides context to just about every fight. The fact that virtually every character match-up has its own unique pre-battle dialogue is a big deal.

The Multiverse system, too, excels based on its presentation alone. The brief descriptions given to each scenario go a long way toward keeping me invested in more than just the stellar gameplay. Seriously, it's the dozens of instances in which the development team went the extra mile that make all the difference in the world.

Yooka-Laylee -- 5/10

Camera is a bit crap and it can feel clunky in places. The quizzes are terrible and the retro minigames are terrible too.

It all just feels bland and boring, which is a shame because i really wanted to like this one.

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane trilogy 4/10

How did no one notice in the office that the physics in this game were buggered as hell?

This isnt enjoyable, no matter how likeable Crash actually is, he cant grt me through this mess.

D

Deleted member 14134

Hollow Knight 9/10
Just beat and 100% this game. The best 2D "metroivania" game that I've played. Great combat, very ncie hand drawn art style, good music, immersive atmosphere and the difficulty was just right. Probably my second favorite game of 2017 next to BOTW.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Last game I beat was Majora's Mask 3D, as part of my goal to play all the Zeldas by the end of the summer.

Still my favourite Zelda game. Possibly the only Zelda game I would say is truly amazing and damn near flawless, except I do still like the original more than the 3DS remake.

Original gets a perfect 10 in my books. The 3DS remake gets an 8.5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom