• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Vs. Zelda

Which is better, Zelda or Pokemon

• Pokemon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda

• other (please specify)

• Total voters

hsb39

Why so logical?
Yes, he is, but this is under the section "General Gaming" where we can talk about other games too.

But I digress. I think Pokemon was awesome at the G/S/C era, okay at the R/S/E (not as much for emerald though) era, and just got stupid at D/P/Pl. Zelda has lasted longer. It made the big drop from awesome (LoZ-MC) straight to stupid at TP.

Pokemon
Awesome games: 7
Decent: 5
Stupid: 3

Zelda
Awesome: 13
Decent: 0
Stupid: 2

I think Zelda is the superior for me

I can get why you would say Zelda is superior, but I think that all of the main Zeldas, and all of the main Pokemon games are awesome. 4th Gen has been amazing competititively, it is not stupid, it is complex.

I do actually think that Zelda is overall better, but Pokemon is still amazing, and I believe that it is the best competitive strategy game around.

N

NarutoAngel221

Zelda is superior obcourse in terms of visual effects at the same time it is more challenging the Pokemon

hsb39

Why so logical?
Zelda is superior obcourse in terms of visual effects at the same time it is more challenging the Pokemon

No it is not more challenging, it is a competitive game, yes, beating the storyline is easier in Pokemon, but that is the part designed for infants, the part that appeals to the older fanbase is much more difficult.

No it is not more challenging, it is a competitive game, yes, beating the storyline is easier in Pokemon, but that is the part designed for infants, the part that appeals to the older fanbase is much more difficult.

I think you meant kids aged 4-8 when you said infants.

I selected other (please specify). The reason for this being that they are as good as each other, They both have downsides.

Pokemon: Pokemon has one major advantage over Zelda, And thats with the newer Verisions, That being Competitive Battling. In the newer one this has gotten much easier with even more pokemon to choose from and also Wifi. Wifi makes battling easier and also means I can battle people from around the world. Also you never going to make a team which can't be defeated, There is always a team out there that can beat yours.

Zelda: Zelda only has 1 game that I am aware of in which you can do fight against others, That being Phantom Hourglass, Although this can be really fun, Mainly for travelling, It does get annoying when someone camp's you base so you can hardly ever score major points, If you score points at all. Unlike where in Pokemon if you have a team that does bad you can either make adjustments or do a complete make over. Unlike if PH where if your bad, Your bad.

Pokemon: The major fault with many of you is that Pokemon doesn't change enough from each game for your liking, Many of you only like up to Pokemon Gold and then you have decided that you don't like the newer generations, Even though I disagree I also agree with this statement, Pokemon Gold was the best, I just don't like the Starting pokemon in that game. I still like the newer games though. I like being able to EV train and make different Pokemon be able to give out surprises.

Zelda: Here is where Zelda excels, Even though it is based on the same 4-5 things is never gets old, The items change and add twists to it, The Temple's are always fun to do and never get boring. Even though there is no way to make your fighting style different really it is still fun. There are also many challenges that you can try on Zelda's. In terms of some Zelda's they get very hard to pull of. Like 3-heart challenge, Minimalist runs and others. Although they get easier the newer the games seem to be they are still quite hard to do.

Kazumi

chagy
Alright. I think I better post in this bad boy. Now, I'm going to have to be mean and evil and say Pokemon. My interest in Zelda dropped like a stone after WW. TP raised it up a little. And PH did as well, but it's still not what it was. I believe Spirit Tracks will fix this little problem. But really, I'm addicted to Pokemon like it's chewing on an N64 controller. (Very addicting) Now, when I pick up TP... I've already beat the game four times, and I don't know what to do. I ran around. Sit in the hot springs. Jump off Zora's Domain.. And then I'm bored like crazy. Meanwhile in Pokemon there is tons of stuff to do. There are daily things, like visiting the ribbon lady, checking the swarms, fighting at the Battleground, and then there is the trading, and the battling friends, and the training Pokemon. It's endless. Plus, a lot of more of my friends like Pokemon.

So as of this moment, I'm going to have to say Pokemon is better.

If i would have been posting in this thread a few years ago, I would say that I like pokemon better, but now I love Zelda a least 100% more then pokemon. However I still like picking up the DSI, or DS, and messing around in a pokemon game. But at the time I like Zelda more!

hsb39

Why so logical?
I think you meant kids aged 4-8 when you said infants.

Nope, I know 2-3 year olds that can beat the easy part of Pokemon. I know 20+ year olds, however, who couldn't play the hard part to save their life.

Dark Link: FSA had fighting I believe, and I agree with you mostly. I simply think that they are different games, quite impossible to accurately compare (like comparing an action movie to a romantic comedy, not saying that one is like action/romantic comedy, just saying that they are that different).

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
This is just stupid.

Pokemon is the most ridiculous franchise ever. After the first 2 generations, it's just gotten stupid.

this is exactly how i feel.. I use to like Pokemon at first but i just think it has gotten stupid and the gameplay is stale and not comparable to Zelda at all. I say Zelda FTW! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom