• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Permanent Universal Desktop Mode

Hi friends. I'm using an iPad mini and a lot of sites have mobile modes and the mobile versions of sites irritate me. Is there a way to force all sites to give me a desktop mode automatically without me having to manually select desktop mode?

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
There might be an option to do so in the settings for whatever browser you're using (Chrome or Safari, I assume) so that's where I would check first. If it's not in one, maybe try the other browser app on that device to see if that would be easier. Otherwise I guess the best answer is to click the button on the page that reverts to the desktop version, but I know how tedious that can be since every site designer likes to hide it in a different location somewhere on the page. XD

Night Owl

~Momentai
Unfortunately I don't think it is possible.

On my android phone, or tablet I can check the request desktop site button and it will attempt to get the desktop site but some sites will force mobile mode anyway.

It's too bad, since mobile sites just suck, period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom