• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina Of Time; Lon Lon Ranch

NayruKasai

"Don't take us so lightly."
So I noticed a fair while ago the horses at lon lon ranch. If you visit lon lon ranch after leaving the forest and before going to the castle, you will find Ingo standing a little way from the gate with a pitchfork and bucket. You'll also notice that there are eight horses and no Epona. After you come back from the castle and Talon and Malon have returned Epona has turned up and there are now only four horses.

So what happened to the other horses? I get that Epona may have just been born but if we assume that Talon and Malon return home in one day, how is it that they manage to sell four horses in that time. As Ingo is not the owner he wouldnt have the authority to sell them.

Seeing as there are no gates they could just run away but where would they go? If they did run away it's possible that they could have died but based on Epona we could assume that they're pretty much invincible.

Another thing to do with the horses, where does Epona go at night? She can't be found in the barn at night and she is not in the tower in the far corner of the ranch.

She could be in the house but if you play the sun's song while you're in the house (where you remain) Malon and the horse are missing. Maybe they just didn't put them in there because you can't get inside at night but that theory really just gets tossed aside because you have the sun's song.

This next question has probably been asked and answered but because I'm too lazy to go searching through the website to find it I'm just going to ask again. Why is it that there is never any mention of Malon's (as well as Romani's and Cremia's from majora's mask) mother.

Is it because she died and they don't like to talk about it or that Talon is trying to hide something about her?

I thought about it and thought it's plausible that her mother could be a Gerudo but the Gerudo hate men and if she was one then why wouldn't Malon grow up to be a part of that society and why would she stray so far from her region?

Although based on what the Gerudo in charge of the horseback archery says; "that's a fine horse you have. I don't know where you stole it from," as well as the fact that they're thieves (and when you complete the mask side quest and show the Gerudo mask to some), suggests that perhaps they do not reign in the one place.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just questioning these things for nothing and they may have just been altered throughout the game. Maybe these things aren't that big of a deal but I feel like Lon Lon Ranch doesn't have much of a backstory at all and that it probably should have.

As a kid I loved horses (I still do) and this was my favourite place to come and I used to try and guide them all out of the corral and out of the ranch. But in time I grew tired of this particular location because nothing interesting happened and it has no story.

Maybe I've missed something in the dialogue and I wouldn't doubt it either because I just skim through and don't even read it properly now.

But I'd like to hear what some of you guys have to say, you're all really creative and I enjoy your ideas. :^^:

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Regarding the Gerudo theory, there is a Sheikah stone that mentions how they come to Castle Town in order to find boyfriends. And also when you talk to Talon wearing the Gerudo mask, he says it reminds him of his wife (or Malons mother, can't remember). It is possible, but highly unlikely. Malons red hair can also be a clue as well though.

As for the horses, that is strange. I don't think there is a logical explanation for it. As for that, we can only speculate and assume it's just lack of attention to detail from the developers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom