• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Obscure gaming consoles.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Every single console ever made has a story. A story of how it was conceived, how it was designed, how it was marketed, and how it performed against its competition. Sometimes the lesser known ones can be particularly interesting.

Inspired by my purchase of a 3DO yesterday, are there any obscure consoles, revisions, or even major add ons that you have, wish you had, or just generally find interesting? What’s the story behind them? Do you have or want one?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
digitalfoundry-2018-retro-revisiting-sega-nomad-the-original-switch-1526204943637.jpg

Definitely the Sega Nomad. It was an official portable Sega Genesis before homemade portable conversions were cool. You could even hook it up to a TV, plug a controller in, and treat it like a regular Genesis.

Last edited:
The only console in my collection that can be called somewhat obscure is the Wii U.

To this day it's the only console I've picked up at launch.

I still remember chatting it up on Miiverse in those early days, especially on Splatoon and Super Mario Maker.

The Wii U and 3DS generation had a lot of personality that's missing from Switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom