• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

NSFW Ads

I have noticed lately that the ads on ZeldaDungeon have been very inappropriate. This concerns me both as a father and as someone who likes to browse the site while on break at work. Below are screenshots from my phone of the first four ads on the walkthrough section as displayed today:
aH2LEZZ2iAWz45wHBH0xHgFEguto8B5e363eSmE0SXA
file

These are highly inappropriate for a site that I consider to be family friendly. I welcome any comments and I hope that someone from the site notices soon and makes a change with the advertising company.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I suggest Adblock. When I didn't have adblock I never seen ads like this around the site, so I'm sure this is rather new-ish.

Dan

I recall others users complaining about this a while back too. Probably best to forward this to Mases himself.

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
I just saw a few earlier and thought "Why?" Pretty coincidental. But, yeah, they should most certainly fix the ads. I have no idea why those were put on there to begin with.

Dan

I would just like to add that I like how a moderator edited the OP and removed the images, because they were too "inappropriate" for the forum, yet, here these images are all over the main site. Fascinating.
Yes but the main difference is those ads on the main site make money so it doesn't matter! Mases needs his money for all his fro care after all.

I suggest Adblock. When I didn't have adblock I never seen ads like this around the site, so I'm sure this is rather new-ish.

Personally, I prefer using the host file. But yeah, there's fewer options on the mobile side of things.

Also, the problem comes up when an ad has malicious code attached to it.

It's tough, because you want to support websites and blogs that you like, but these ad providers are just getting sloppier by the second.

Reactions: Dan

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Whoever deleted the screenshots must have had good intentions but it is a bit useless. Now we have to turn adblock plus off to see what the poster means even though we all have an idea what the ads are. Not everybody can use adblock plus and especially on mobile devices it can be a problem. There have been complains about the ads more often. It can give a bad signal to those who enter the site and think they enter a gaming site and then all these inappropriate ads show up.

Whoever deleted the screenshots must have had good intentions but it is a bit useless. Now we have to turn adblock plus off to see what the poster means even though we all have an idea what the ads are. Not everybody can use adblock plus and especially on mobile devices it can be a problem. There have been complains about the ads more often. It can give a bad signal to those who enter the site and think they enter a gaming site and then all these inappropriate ads show up.
for those of you who do not want to disable adblock and murder your computer:

2d663339b6.jpg

dfaf50cc2f.jpg

also, friendly reminder that at least 70% of all of zd's ads are coming from malicious domains and are harmful to your computer. :) :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom