• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Mega Wishes

A mega Arcanine would be great. Also, mega Articuno. Or any of the legendary birds, really. *≧▽≦

Actually, on the flip side, I'd just love to see this whole mega trend end. First the Mega evolutions, many of which look like overdesigned garbage, now these Z Moves.... It's all just so much extra **** that doesn't really fit with the strategy and style that Pokemon is. But whatever, people like it I guess...

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
I would love to see a Mega Slowking to match Slowbro. Since many counterpart Pokémon like them both get mega forms, I wouldn't be surprised to see it either. Maybe give him Wonder Guard and have the best tank Pokémon ever. (Just kidding, that'd be incredibly over powered.)
My brother suggested a mega Hitmonchan with the Protean ability, giving him STAB on all those elemental punches, plus a good speed increase to keep your opponent's guessing what type you're going to be next.
Also, Eevee can evolve every other way, so I think it would be cool if he was the only first stage Pokémon with a mega form. Give him a boost to all his stats so he's competitive in that regard, and there's a ton of abilities that could work well.

hwrdjacob

The Nintendo Knight
Just want to clarify, minor non-plot critical spoiler in case it's relevant but
After the main story the Z-Ring doubles as a Mega Ring and gets a Key Stone, meaning the Z-Ring is pretty much nothing but Mega Ring 2.0. No more, no less.
That aside, all mega stones from X/Y and ORAS are in this game, and Mega Evos are trigger able eventually, but no new Mega Evolutions are introduced- the only Megas in the game are the ones from Gen 6. They didn't remove them though, and it looks like Primal Reversion might be kept too but not 100% sure on that one (Primals might have been dropped, and I could be mistaken, but I'm 95% sure they're in Sun/Moon). Aside from no new Megas, it's also impossible to stack Megas and Z Moves- A mega Pokemon cannot use Z Moves, and if a Pokemon has a Z Crystal it cannot Mega Evolve (this is because Z Moves require a held item, and so do Mega Evoltutions, so there's a conflict there). But, I think you ARE allowed One Z Move and One Mega per battle- so using a Z Move doesn't cancel out your chance to mega evolve and vice versa, unless I'm mistaken, as long as your held items are set up right.

Mega Evolutions also have their own Pokedex entries, which all roughly imply the reason THE POWA OF LUV is needed to Mega Evolve is so that Mega Pokemon don't go insane and become bloodthirsty monsters- it isn't needed to mega evolve, it's just needed to Mega Evolve without losing their damn mind, apparently.

Looks like, at least, Gen 6 Mega Evolutions are here to stay (something I kinda knew the moment they became 70% of the Pokemon characters' final smashes in Sm4sh), but it's also possible we'll never see any more Megas ever. It's also possible we WILL see more Megas, too, just not now. Also, in reply to spamomanospam, Eevee now has an exclusive Z Move that it loses access to upon evolving it seems, Extreme Eoboost if I recall.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom