• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors New Gameplay Footage - Zelda with the Wind Waker

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
A new trailer has been released for Zelda as she uses the Wind Waker.

[video=youtube;EfZr7aVUSrM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfZr7aVUSrM[/video]

She has been known to use this as a weapon since the screenshots were released last week, however this is our first footage of it. The text is in Japanese, and it should be released in English later, but the gameplay is all the same.

zelda2_ss07.jpg

zelda2_ss05.jpg

Zelda's page on the official site may be viewed here.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
I very much like this, because in The Wind Waker (game) it was said that the Wind Waker (object) was once used by the royal family of Hyrule to borrow the power of the gods and now we see Nintendo recondising that this is part of the series lore by allowing Zelda to use it as a weapon in this game.

Now, I do realize that HW is a non canon game (or at least is not on the timeline we have come to know and love/hate) but regardless it is still nice that Nintendo is referencing this "fact" in this game.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
In this trailer more than in the others it is apparent the enemies are not interested in attacking, just simply standing there waiting to be obliterated.

Fig

The Altruist
I'm finally glad that we get to see a trailer of Zelda with the Wind Waker! Ever since I heard that she was going to have the Wind Waker as a weapon that you can chose for in combat, I always wondered how the Wind Waker could work as a weapon and now we have the answer! I actually think this a great weapon for Zelda to use and still tie-in to the Wind Waker! This game is really turning out to look very promising no doubt!

In this trailer more than in the others it is apparent the enemies are not interested in attacking, just simply standing there waiting to be obliterated.

If you played Dynasty Warriors, you will notice the same thing is found pertaining to the enemies. Some will fight you and some will wait until you have taken down several enemies. That said, Dynasty Warriors does have a way to adjust the difficult of the enemies where they actually start fight back in bigger numbers. I think what we are seeing is the casual and easier level of difficulty as I'm sure more than likely the majority of the people who are going to buy this game has never played a Dynasty Warriors game. I for one think it is better to to have only 10 enemies fight you at a time instead of 50 or even 100 enemies fighting as that would probably mean instant death in the game in just a matter of minutes. This is why I believe we will still get to adjust the difficulty to our liking but it makes sense to focus more on the characters and characters of a game first before talking about the minor details.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links

Yeah...I've been noticing that too. It worries me a bit, but I have hope that they're simply showing off the characters and setting the game in a way where the enemies aren't hostile for the sake of the trailer.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
Yeah...I've been noticing that too. It worries me a bit, but I have hope that they're simply showing off the characters and setting the game in a way where the enemies aren't hostile for the sake of the trailer.

That's how easy mode is. Go on Hard for more of a challenge. If you stay on Easy, the only levels that may potentially be challenging will be the last levels.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom