• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Monster Hunter XX is Coming to Switch

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Monster Hunter XX(Known as Monster Hunter Generations in the West) is going to be coming to Switch!

monster-hunter-xx-switch-2.jpg

More details will release this Saturday. But I am so glad that the series is returning to a home console again! Plus getting to take a home console experience of Monster Hunter, with a real controller, on the go!

I really hope this gets announced in the West for E3. But I am so happy to get back into the series, because I can play it with a controller and play it anywhere I would like!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I always said Monster Hunter is better as a portable game, but the Switch IS portable, so this is mega exciting! I can't wait to find out the details; most importantly, I need to know if we can still data transfer from MHGen to MHXX with the Switch. It's possible for the 3DS and Wii U versions of MH3U so it's not out of the question.

wth is a super smash monster hunter lmao MH3 and MH4 are both main series games. MHGen and MHXX are also both main series games, part of Gen 4 (Gen 5 will be a thing whenever MH5 comes out).
Do you understand all the changes made in MH4 that made the game feel so different to MH3?

I'm pretty sure MH3 has such DLC too. Why is that a problem lol. And how could the inclusion of such free DLC possibly make the game feel so much differnetly?
This kind of DLC takes away from the immersion in the game. They don't really fit within what MH is honestly. Well MH of the past. MH4 is the start of a shift in the series, away from the more serious, to the cute and cuddly when all kinds of different IPs were crossed with MH. It's not a bad thing, it just radically altered what MH is.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
This kind of DLC takes away from the immersion in the game. They don't really fit within what MH is honestly. Well MH of the past. MH4 is the start of a shift in the series, away from the more serious, to the cute and cuddly when all kinds of different IPs were crossed with MH. It's not a bad thing, it just radically altered what MH is.
I'm pretty sure the series has never been entirely serious lmao. It's just free DLC, its not that deep. If you were gonna say something makes the games feel different, it would be the hunting styles and hunter arts in MHGen, which make the experience much more fun and unique.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Things like adding Legend of Zelda gear to the game. The branching out and having crossovers with other totally unrelated IPs.
You can totally ignore that if you want. You know that right?

You have to literally go out of your way to download that specific DLC if you want it. Plus you have to do the quests affiliated with it.

The costumes are completely harmless, and are just a fun thing for some people.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
This kind of DLC takes away from the immersion in the game. They don't really fit within what MH is honestly. Well MH of the past. MH4 is the start of a shift in the series, away from the more serious, to the cute and cuddly when all kinds of different IPs were crossed with MH.

1. Monster Hunter was never as serious as you make it out to be. It's always had a pretty upbeat tone.
2. The DLC costumes can be easily ignored and have existed since 3.
3. Immersion in Monster Hunter comes from the hunt itself, not the world you are hunting in. If your immersion is broken in the middle of a hunt because somebody happens to be wearing an outfit from, like, Zelda or something, then you're losing sight of the important part of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom