• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Monster Hunter Monster Hunter Double Cross (MHXX)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

From this new footage of Valfalk, we learn a few new things:
  • Valfalk's roar is really ****ing sweet
  • It has its own theme, and it's the BGM from Trailer 2.
  • It can cause Dragonblight
  • Its wings and eyes/horns glow red when it's angered
  • It has a special divebomb move that probably has high OHKO potential
I'm really looking forward to fighting this thing, man.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

Alchemy Style trailer. From this, we see it has its own gauge and it's own item slot when out on a hunt, similar to the wystones from MH4U. You fill the gauge by attacking, and the higher the guage, the more you can shake the barrel, which presumably increases its effects. You combine items you already own to make things you can use to buff yourself and your allies, or attack with. "Alchemy" is a surprisingly perfect name for it.

A trailer for a new mechanic, Style Power. It seems to be a buff that you can equip to any of your hunter arts, and it activates whenever you use an art. I'm not entirely certain from watching this trailer about what its effects are exactly. Maybe I'll look into it when it's... not the middle of the night.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Info dump:

On the new deviants:

"The second new Main Monster is called Ouma Diablos (lit. Massacre Demon Diablos), and it’s an incredibly powerful and dangerous monster (even more than the “vanilla” version). He doesn’t really go into rage mode (you could say he’s always into that mode), but instead, he can get really reckless, jumping all over the place (which makes it pretty heard to hit him)."
  • Heavenly Eye Mizutsune: its eyes were severely injured following a fierce fight with rival monsters, and it became blind. As a result, all its other abilities were heightened to compensate for the lack of sight. It uses even more bubbles than the vanilla variant, with a brand new type of bubbles;
  • Blue Thunderlord Astalos: it possesses enhanced lightning abilities. He can make an electric sword from his horn;
  • Silver-Ridged Gammoth: it possess the power of deep ice. If you get hit by its snow abilities, you will not be able to move for a while.
x.

That source also contains detailed information of Alchemy Style and Style Power-ups, so it's worth reading.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
tumblr_ojz0wqPotZ1ruxn67o1_1280.jpg

MHXX DLC collaboration Long Sword "Uranometria" designed by Hiro Mashima, obviously Fairy Tail-inspired (Urano Metria is one of Lucy's spells). Very pretty.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Just found out this group was a thing. Hi guys.

Anyway, much as I'm not a fan of Mashima's work the sword looks pretty kickass. Of course I have a perpetual boner for oversized swords, so I may be somewhat biased. Is it just me or does it look a little oversized even for a Long Sword?

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Hello! We also have a discord chat group. We've been growing a bit and love to play Monster Hunter, so contact @Azure Sage about joining if you'd like.
I'll consider it.

You'll love Monster Hunter, JOOOIIIIN UUUSSSSS
It's almost impossible to love MonHun more than I already do. I mean it's possible, but at that point you'd have very little interest in much else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom