• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Molgera

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
In the first half of the new trailer we see a small clip of Link in the desert battling Molgera and it's offspring where he appears to be using some kind of rope arrow instead of a hookshot.

A battle with Molgera in an open desert is something I have even suggested in the past for an overworld boss so it was a very pleasant surprise that this battle was included in the game.

I am wondering if it is actually the same Molgera from Wind Waker or if it is just another creature of the same species. Could even be the ancestor or descendant of the Molgera we see in the Wind Temple.

Are you pleased to see Molgera return and do you think it's appearance has any implications on Game placement?

Also are there any other bosses you want to see return? Perhaps Jalhalla could make an appearance too.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
It looks a bit different from the Molgera we know, it's probably not the same one. My vote is for "of the same species". It's hard to tell if it's an overworld boss like Steppe Talus or if it's a dungeon boss again considering the scale of this game. I'm pleased to see it no matter what it is, looks like it's gonna be a fun fight.

It doesn't look like Molgera facewise, and lacks the distinct features that Molgera actually had (see: flappy lips) so I think it's just some other random sand worm.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It doesn't look like Molgera facewise, and lacks the distinct features that Molgera actually had (see: flappy lips) so I think it's just some other random sand worm.

It has a jaw that opens sideways and we dont see it long enough to determine if the lips are flappy, but the tips do curl outwards during the brief moment we see them. It has all the major features of Molgera and considering how different enemies look in this game compared to other Zelda titles, some design tweaks are bound to have occured.

It has a jaw that opens sideways and we dont see it long enough to determine if the lips are flappy, but the tips do curl outwards during the brief moment we see them. It has all the major features of Molgera and considering how different enemies look in this game compared to other Zelda titles, some design tweaks are bound to have occured.
A jaw that opens sideways isn't enough to make it the same enemy. Nejirons and Gorons both have much smaller arms/legs compared to their bodies, are made of rock and roll on the ground, but they're far from being the same thing.

I guess it's entirely plausible to use the redesign argument, but that's neither here nor there and there's really not any way to prove it until we actually get some information like its name. Personally, I think it will be a similar situation to Margomill/Margoma and Blizzagia/Volvagia, where they have an incredibly similar name but slightly differs just to make it known they aren't the exact same thing.
IMG_1310.PNG
However,

The creature Link is attached to is most definitely not a Molgera offspring, it's most likely some creature that lives in the area that the monster feeds on.

I don't care what species it is, that battle just looks like it's gonna be fun! Open world bosses I am definitely excited to see; you'll never know what to expect when you're exploring!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom