• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

[MEGATHREAD]Beginners Guide to Playing, and Moderating Mafia (+Index, Glossary, FAQs & Discussion)

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Yeah that was another point I was going to bring up. Less info in the scene. Honestly the "draw info from scene" meta us pretty big here and I don't like that either. It's ok to mention that many people were active, but to say someone should have died is a bit much.

Libk

Btw, what's with godfather having both bulletproof and investigation proof here? I'm used to godfather only showing up innocent. On investigation and not the bulletproof part

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Btw, what's with godfather having both bulletproof and investigation proof here? I'm used to godfather only showing up innocent. On investigation and not the bulletproof part

It's been like that most places I've played, but I feel like it tends to be the case (BP godfather) if town has a killing role (or is there is even a 3rd party killing role). Its an oxymoron to have a BP GF if there is no role that can kill the GF at night.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
With the next mini game starting soon and the next large game's sign ups starting hopefully within a week, should we start officially recruiting mentors and mentees?

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
So I've noticed the micro and mini's tend to have activity problems at some point, if not throughout the whole game. Though the normal and larges at time may have a problem too, depending on the day of the week, inactivity affects smaller games to a larger degree than it does a larger game. Usually in micro/minis, you have upwards of 4, maybe 5 days at most.

So that said, do you guys think it could be because its tough for some players to play two games at once, and thus they tend to focus more on the larger game (I thought that was the case when it came to Lineages as TF2 mafia was going on at the same time, and activity only picked up when TF2 started to finish), or perhaps some players don't appreciate the fact that mini/micros are different than normal/larges as they require more from each player on average because there are less players when compared to a large, and that may not fit some people's playstyle.

I'd hate to have another mini or micro just slug on by like Anon Mafia.

Libk

I'm with OP that it might be because of playing in two games, but at the same time the alternate accounts thing made it really tough to post even though I really like the idea. I think it was the alternate accounts more than anything that made anon mafia so inactive. Especially since smash ended somewhat during the last day and activity still didn't go up.

Pen

The game is on!
I realized myself recently that I cannot keep up with two games at ones anymore, which is why I've decided to only play one game at a time now. Maybe the situation is similar to other players too.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Yeah, I'm just hoping player's themselves are aware of it, and mods too. Mods shouldn't be afraid of double checking if players have the time/energy to play two games, or even outright denying someone a spot if that person has shown a trend of being inactive/unable to play 2 games at once.
Just something to keep in mind going forward. I'd hate to have micro/minis associated with low activity. They're different, and require a little bit more activity from each player.

Libk

@Viral Maze , do you think days should be shorter than they are in my game right now? What do you think a good day period for the smaller games should be?

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I might personally be more interested in small games than larger ones nowadays, I think it's up to the players to not sign up if they can't keep up (Raj)

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
@Viral Maze , do you think days should be shorter than they are in my game right now? What do you think a good day period for the smaller games should be?
I'd like to also get other people's opinions too, especially @Jamie since his SSB also used attacks rather than votes.
I feel like shorter days could offer quicker action. Player's generally meander a lot during the days because we don't have any votes and everyone is afraid to attack early on (not everyone, but most people). Shorter days may shorten the discussion per day, but it'll force people to attack sooner, though it comes with the caveat of quicker nights/deaths. These games can start with shorter days, like let's say 48hours, while there are a lot of players, and then get longer days as the game goes on (i.e 96 hour days) and less players remain to continue to encourage discourse in the later stages.

I think it's up to the players to not sign up if they can't keep up (Raj)
Says the mod who couldn't keep up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom