• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Making Big Bucks

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Anyone have any interesting methods for getting rupees?

I've found that doing the snow bowling mini game over and over gets you 300 rupees each time you get a strike, and if you know exactly where to stand it's very easy.

Share your money making secrets and tips here!

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Anyone have any interesting methods for getting rupees?

I've found that doing the snow bowling mini game over and over gets you 300 rupees each time you get a strike, and if you know exactly where to stand it's very easy.

Share your money making secrets and tips here!
1. Grab a Sledge Hammer
2. Find a Talus(of some sort)
3. Throw a remote bomb
4. Climb on top of Talus
5. Swing and have it die in like 10 hits
6. Grab the material
7. Sell the material
8. $$$$$$$$$$$$
9. Go on a spree with all your money you own, get naked, and go Storm kakariko village due to do all the money and power you have(and also make sure you say hi to Paya while you are there ;))

In all seriousness though, with an enemy such as Stone Talus, you can usually get upwards of 600 rupees in a single go, which is super nice.

Also, at Lorelyn Village, there's one of my favorite minigames, mindless gambling with the chest minigames. It crushes your heart and soul, but you can get a ton of $$$(I think I have a problem though.... Is there a gamblers anonymous group in Hyrule?)

If you have extra arrows as well, going to the Rito Training valley is a great way to get a ton of money as well.

Last edited:
Specific NPCs will buy certain items for quite a bit more than they're normally worth... I've lost track of most of them, but there's a few I remember, which I find pretty handy.
The Gerudo in Goron City will buy a specific ore in groups of 10 (the type of ore allegedly varies by day, but has been diamonds the last few times I've stopped by).
A newlywed couple in Rito village each want a specific item... flint for the husband, baked apples for the wife... the more you have, the more they'll buy, and both items are fairly easy to get hold of in large quantities.

MW7

I go hunting in the Hebra region. All the animals there drop prime or gourmet meat. If you cook 5 prime meats, it sells for 210 rupees. 5 gourmet meats cooked sells for 510 rupees. After about 5 minutes, you could have a few thousand rupees if you get a few lucky drops (you never get worse than prime meat, but gourmet meat is somewhat common from the animals in that region).

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I'm a bit embarrassed to say, but I get in the Gerudo clothes and stand at the corner in Kakariko at night time... and you know the rest.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Mining, I always take the opportunity to mine the ore I see, and it's a pretty decent way to get proper money. And I save up all the gourmet meat to sell to the guy at that one stable who wants gourmet meat. 100 rupees per gourmet meat.

Mining, I always take the opportunity to mine the ore I see, and it's a pretty decent way to get proper money. And I save up all the gourmet meat to sell to the guy at that one stable who wants gourmet meat. 100 rupees per gourmet meat.
Where is this guy? I currently have about 70 of them.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Just cook 5 pieces of raw meat/meat together and sell it for 250 rupees. Sell 10 pieces of the blue stone to the guy at Zora's palace and he'll give you a diamond in exchange. You can sell the diamond for 500 rupees.

Just cook 5 pieces of raw meat/meat together and sell it for 250 rupees. Sell 10 pieces of the blue stone to the guy at Zora's palace and he'll give you a diamond in exchange. You can sell the diamond for 500 rupees.
actually I think you can simply sell the Luminous Stone to Beetle for significantly higher returns.

LinksASleeping

The Adventure Of Me
I read that the "best" way is to hunt for meat in the snowfield, then cook and sell the meat.

I have done this for a little bit, and I was able to get a lot of meat in a short amount of time, so this is at least a method that works without selling any rare items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom