• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majoras mask was a DREAM

was majoras mask a dream?

• Total voters

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
But this really makes the "link is dead theory" more plausible. One of the flaws has been that the Shade is an adult stalfos and only adults becomes stalfos. But link is actually an adult in a kids body in Majoras Mask. Hence his spirit would show up as an adult spirit, not as a kid.

Explain how Link is an adult in a kid's body.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
But this really makes the "link is dead theory" more plausible. One of the flaws has been that the Shade is an adult stalfos and only adults becomes stalfos. But link is actually an adult in a kids body in Majoras Mask. Hence his spirit would show up as an adult spirit, not as a kid.
The Hero's Shade isn't a Stalfos in any way. If you actually look at a Stalfos closely and the Hero's Shade, you'll see that a Stalfos has a solid skeletal structure while the Hero's Shade is ghost-like figure. They look nothing alike and are not related.
Explain how Link is an adult in a kid's body.
I think he's referring to the fact that MM Link has went through being an adult and saving Hyrule in OoT. So I guess, in a way, he might have an adult state of mind. If that's what Therad is referring to that is.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff

Nah, if he was a stalfos he'd be a skeleton, not a spirit. The hero's shade in TP is a spirit, not a skeleton, so the stalfos idea is out of the question, meaning the link is dead theory flawed all together. There is no supporting evidence for it besides things people may dream up with their imaginations.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. The hero's shade is not a stalfos. He is a ghost (spirit) clad in armour. It is quite obvious. One of the main points people always drags up is that he got lost in the lost wood and therefore becomes a stalfos. But someone always object that he should then be a skull kid since he was a kid at the time. My reasoning is that they are both wrong.

Link growed up in OoT (in spirit and in body) to combat Ganondorf. He (or his spirit rather) gets sent back in time and thus he is an adult spirit in a kids body in Majoras Mask.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Sorry if I wasn't clear. The hero's shade is not a stalfos. He is a ghost (spirit) clad in armour. It is quite obvious. One of the main points people always drags up is that he got lost in the lost wood and therefore becomes a stalfos. But someone always object that he should then be a skull kid since he was a kid at the time. My reasoning is that they are both wrong.

Link growed up in OoT (in spirit and in body) to combat Ganondorf. He (or his spirit rather) gets sent back in time and thus he is an adult spirit in a kids body in Majoras Mask.

And your point is?

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I vote maybe. I think it's pretty plausible that MM was a dream that Link had whilst in the chamber of the sages during OoT. However, as much as this would be great fun to try and piece together, we know that in the official timeline, MM happens when Link goes back to being a child after the end of OoT having defeated Ganondorf. It would be easy to argue that Link was a bit disturbed after everything he went through and had a bizarre, vivid nightmare in an alternative universe. However, presumably, the only time that dream could've taken place would have to be during the seven year sleep of OoT as he would have had to actually live through all of that in the first place... in which case he wouldn't be back in the Chamber of the Sages. Savvy?

Matthew Srolis

Just a Deku Scrub
It has never stated in game or anywhere else that if you die as a child you become skull kid (at least as far as i am aware) Becoming a stalfos is hinted at by the kokiri child in the forest. The Manga is not canon kid. Try again. And this time instead of being rude line of your thought process' and think.
Hyrule historia

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Well, will you look at that, even Aonuma confirms that MM is not a dream:

Eiji Aonuma: The reason that this song from Link’s Awakening was used in this game really came down to a decision by the sound team. They were looking for inspiration, something that would fit the theme, and since the previous game was about collecting instruments it made sense that you would want to use this for a band in this case. For us, really, it was just a playful choice that referenced a previous game and nothing more than that.

However, I love that people think about stuff like this, and I think it shows how they feel about the franchise as a whole that they’re interested in these possibilities.

Source:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/02/21/zelda-eiji-aonuma-interview.aspx?utm_content=buffer66460&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer&PostPageIndex=1

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I clicked no on the poll knowing full well it is the correct answer. Its like taking a test having looked at the answer book. The answer book in this case being Aounumas own words.

Bladerguy2

Shiekah
but didnt link fall inside a big trunk of tree long ways down falling into a new world?
Yes. I know game theory says he should have died but that happens all the time. Especially in boss fight chambers. And when the clip with the wierd animations shows that must be a portal. So link just didn't really fall all that way. He only fell a little out of the portal. And the fact that all the masks come from dead people well how is someone going to turn into a mask withot dying????? And elegy of emptiness. A hollow shell of your self. Game theory says that you can only make cloned of dead people. But they aren't clones they are statues. You can make statues of livig people. Also the statues feature more alive looking characters. For example the goron statue is not a ghost. It's alive looking. And how the five areas are the stages of grief. Well yes they are. But their not grief over he died. They could be grief over the fact that he lost navi ( but honestly that's not likely. She was very annoying. I don't know why anyone would look for her) or maybe that he might be stuck in this land doomed by a mask. Or that the world was doomed. And he with it. So many things. Link is not dead. And this is not a dream. Any other points game theory ( or anyone) made that I missed.
Edit: oh ya. Reused character models. It's a parallel universe. Why not.

Let's be even more literal. If he died at the beginning of MM, as a kid, then the events of adult link in OoT cease to exist. Those events are predicated on the fact that Link then goes on to live over those 7 years, coming back at the end of that span to finish taking the Master Sword out of the pedestal - and going on to defeat Ganon. It doesn't make a ton of sense, but that's the paradoxical nature of time travel. If he died in MM then the only explanation for adult OoT Link is that Link himself is a spectre, or those events are carried out in a parallel world themselves, which is a bit of a stretch even for Zelda's convoluted timeline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom