• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majoras mask was a DREAM

was majoras mask a dream?

• Total voters

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
it has bunch of hard facts
in majors mask
he could create statues of the deceased people he could transform into and some how he was able to create a statue of himself which means he is dead

Considering this was brought up, I think this could be discussed and looked into. For starters, while you could say that these statues are like some memorial to the dead, that is very subjective with no solid ground.

Regardless, looking at the statues, Link's form is very different than the others that leads me to believe that the statues only promote the idea that Link is alive. Each statue of a transformation lacks eyes. Link, however, does (and rather creepy ones at that).

Natsu Dragneel

Lord of Pandamonium
Considering this was brought up, I think this could be discussed and looked into. For starters, while you could say that these statues are like some memorial to the dead, that is very subjective with no solid ground.

Regardless, looking at the statues, Link's form is very different than the others that leads me to believe that the statues only promote the idea that Link is alive. Each statue of a transformation lacks eyes. Link, however, does (and rather creepy ones at that).

Ben drowned
bendrowned.jpg

you shouldn't have done that

you have met with a terrible fate haven't you?

just something i found

Sheik

:the:
Ben drowned
bendrowned.jpg

you shouldn't have done that

you have met with a terrible fate haven't you?

just something i found

...What? Anyways...

I always thought comparing Termina and its subdivisions to Kubler Ross' five stages of grief model to be an intriguing introspection into the world of the game, and I suppose it could represent Link accepting his loss of his past friend, Navi. But his loss of himself? Yeah, no.

Last edited:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
The essence of the zelda series is based on that which is not logical. The events of MM in reality seem so far fetched that any rational person would believe it all to have been a dream, but taking into account that its a video game logic no longer applies, its fictional. Let's look at Ocarina of Time, its far fetched as well, it defies logic so it would be a dream also when looking at things logically. The point is that since its all based on fiction it doesn't have to make sense to happen, it just did, that's all we need to know. I realise that sometimes can be hard to accept, but sometimes the simplest answer tends to be the correct one. It wasn't a dream, it happened as far as we know. That's just a paradox... it defies common sense, yet could be true, there is just nothing there to definitively prove or disprove it.

The Link is dead video has a point, but instead of link dying. I actually think he is just close to dying. If we are going down that road..
Look at it like this, in the video he states that Link became a Stalfos to make it connect to twilight princess. Isnt this an error, isnt it the adults that is turned into stalfos and children who is turned into..skull kids.

So, what if, in the beginning of the game Link actually meets...himself, as a Skull Kid? And majoras mask is actually Link struggeling with the Lost Woods's evil powers..And the whole thing about Skull Kid bringing down the moon..actually means, a way of saying, Link getting more and more consumed of the dark powers of the forest..finally when the moon crash..it means all of his old memories are consumed and deleted, making him a creature with no memories of his previous life.. Hello Skull Kid Link!..
But Link actually beat the powers, and returned to the forest...giving him a chance to grow up...but with some of the forest evil powers still lurking in him from his adventure..maybe when Link eventually did die..old/semi old..or just in general died..he became...a Stalfos?

Last edited:
The Link is dead video has a point, but instead of link dying. I actually think he is just close to dying.
Look at it like this, in the video he states that Link became a Stalfos to make it connect to twilight princess. Isnt this an error, isnt it the adults that is turned into stalfos and children who is turned into..skull kids.

So, what if, in the beginning of the game Link actually meets...himself, as a Skull Kid? And majoras mask is actually Link struggeling with the Lost Woods's evil powers..And the whole thing about Skull Kid bringing down the moon..actually means, a way of saying, Link getting more and more consumed of the dark powers of the forest..finally when the moon crash..it means all of his old memories are consumed and deleted, making him a creature with no memories of his previous life.. Hello Skull Kid Link!..
But Link actually beat the powers, and returned to the forest...giving him a chance to grow up...but with some of the forest evil powers still lurking in him from his adventure..maybe when Link eventually did die..old/semi old..or just in general died..he became...a Stalfos?
But is Hero's shade really a Stalfos? Is this confirmed, or is it an assumption?

It is not confirmed, other than this from hyrule historia "The ghost of the hero who teaches Link his secrets. Some theorize that the fact he holds his sword in his left hand indicates he is actually Link from Ocarina of Time" But it kinda makes sense though, since Link traveled a long time in the lost woods without his fairy..which is why i think he turned into a stalfos when he died

My point is that he doesn't have to grow up to become a stalfos. The hero's shade is a ghost (restless soul), and link actually have the soul of an adult. So if he died in the lost wood he could come back as an adult ghost, instead of becoming a skullkid. In a sense he is neither a kid nor an adult in majoras mask.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
The Link is dead video has a point, but instead of link dying. I actually think he is just close to dying.

I think i need to burn this whole link meets himself BS down right now. The Skull Kid tells Link he smells familiar like that kid who gave him a mask. This is in fact the Skull Kid who in OOT we give the Skull Mask too.... I kinda think that makes link the one who started the whole problem. Skull kid gets a awesome mask and sees the Mask Salesman heading to termina so he sets off to see what he can get from him and lo and behold he got Majora's Mask. Also Link DID NOT DAMN WELL DIE. Christ why does everyone think Game Theory is canon those guys are freaking idiots who just make up BS to get crappy videos in which gullible people think is the truth..

Lol, of course its BS, i should have stated what i actually think before writing this "meeting himself" theory. I agree with you 100%, people usualy wants a deeper meaning, when some times, the solution is pretty simple. Personally i dont think its a dream, and that Link probably got transported through a portal, to a alternate universe/dimension, therfore also explaining the similar characters. But since this was Zelda theory, its probably not less possible than other theories out there. Just another fart in the wind..or whatever you call it :P

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Lol, of course its BS, i should have stated what i actually think before writing this "meeting himself" theory. I agree with you 100%, people usualy wants a deeper meaning, when some times, the solution is pretty simple. Personally i dont think its a dream, and that Link probably got transported through a portal, to a alternate universe/dimension, therfore also explaining the similar characters. But since this was Zelda theory, its probably not less possible than other theories out there. Just another fart in the wind..or whatever you call it :P

Hahaha love that one Fart in the Wind ^^ ima keep that one ^^

I also hate the Link is dead theory, the hero's shade is a spirit, not a walking skeleton guy.
But this really makes the "link is dead theory" more plausible. One of the flaws has been that the Shade is an adult stalfos and only adults becomes stalfos. But link is actually an adult in a kids body in Majoras Mask. Hence his spirit would show up as an adult spirit, not as a kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom