• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

LoZ help

Hi, im new here and new to the LoZ gaming world and i need some help,

i just wanted to ask a question about Zelda. I recently just started playing it on the wii (twilight princess) and i wanted to get it also on the 3DS, I want to go through all the Zelda games that are available on the 3DS. I was hoping if you guys could tell me what order to play them all in so i get the full experience.

Thanks

Theres no order. Well, there is but it doesnt matter.

Google the official timeline if you want to go in order of what passes for story.

Otherwise there really is no real order to play them to get the full experience.

If youve only got a wii and 3ds then Skyward Sword, A Link Between Worlds, Tri force Heroes, Ocarina of Time 3d and Majora's Mask 3d are all available physically.

You can download the original Legend of Zelda, Oracle of Season & Ages, A Link to the Past(new 3ds), Link's Awakening and Adventure of Link from the eShop.

Im not sure on which titles are on the Wii eShop though.

Really just pick the ones you like the look of.

Of what is available to you I'd recommend Ocarina 3d and Majora's Mask 3d because they both lead into Twilight Princess.

Last edited:

karu

Panamaniac
Well, for The 3ds definitely Ocarina of Time and then Majora's Mask if you can.

Twilight Princess was also my first Zelda game, after that one I played Skyward Sword.

Just have fun, you don't have to play them in order.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
There's no correct order to play them in, as each title is its own separate story. Woth a couple minor exceptions. On tbe 3DS you have Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask 3D, which I think should be played OoT then MM. You have oracle of seasons and Oracle of ages, any order is fine. Completing both unlocks a secret ending. Then if you can find them, the DS had Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, which should be played PH then ST. Then I believe A Link to the Past is on there. So follow ALTTP with A link Between Worlds and then maybe Triforce Heroes. And then Link's Awakening is also on virtual console for 3DS.

karu

Panamaniac
would hyrule warriors be another good one to play along with the others you suggested
It's a good game, though not technically in the time line, it's on its own? If you want to play it you can, but story wise it's not the best Zelda game

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
It's a good game, though not technically in the time line, it's on its own? If you want to play it you can, but story wise it's not the best Zelda game
To add on, it's a spinoff title and really has nothing to do with the other games except locations and characters.

Zelda is a series that is really easy to pick up with any title. Playing whatever is accessible to you should be a fine start. Some of the older games I would suggest playing before newer ones so that you aren't spoiled by new mechanics but thats really up to you.

I don't have an suggested order for you, but I'd definitely suggest you play A Link to the Past, when you are able. It's my personal favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom