• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Lord of the Mountain

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Anyone else find this terrfying thing? When I first approached it, it was in a pond that had been glowing greenish-blue (that's how I found it).
I was able to ride it but I couldn't register it at the stable. The man working there said it was cursed.

So what is this thing? Is it good, bad, or just a figment of Links imagination? Whatever it is, it'll be haunting my dream tonight.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
It's goddamn adorable. I want one at my house.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Nope. I can't get it to appear. I've tried lots of different ways and nothing.

I think I got lucky. I happened to be standing on a mountain overlooking Hyrule and noticed the blue light. It stayed there for two days but I have no idea what triggers it. Maybe the answer is somewhere online though.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The Lord of the Mountain is awesome. @Satan called it trippy af, those were the exact words out of my mouth when I first stumbled across it. I really wanted to register it, but that dumb stable guy wouldn't do it. :( I remember seeing the glow on the mountain several times throughout my adventure, by the time I finally made my way to that area of the map (one of the last places I unlocked), it wasn't glowing anymore and I was thinking how pretty the cherry blossom tree was. Later on, after I beat the Rito Divine Beast, I saw that it was glowing again so I went back and there he was. It was so haunting and spooky and cool.

Hyrule Compendium said:
This noble creature watches over all animals that make their homes in the forest. Legends say this holy creature is a reincarnation of a sage that died on the lands it now protects. It has an acute awareness of it's surroundings, so it seldom appears before people. It's sometimes known by it's other name, Satori.
Pretty safe bet that it's a reference to Iwata.

As for finding it... I've found that it seems to spawn more often when I'm further away from the mountain... waiting for it didn't work, but it's easy to spot the blue glow from a distance, so I just kept and eye on it while I done other things, and warped straight over when it appeared (you definitely want to activate the nearby shrine if you haven't already).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom