• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Limited Selection

Hyrule Warriors often forces you to play as a specific character on the Adventure Maps. I was fine with this on the first map. It gave me reason to test everyone out and identify my favorites. But now that I'm doing my second map, it's aggravating. I know who I have fun playing as and who I hrrrgh with. When a player reaches their second map, they know what they're doing- why shoehorn them into using characters they might not enjoy playing as? It feels like everywhere I turn on this MQ map I'm hitting a Limited tile, which is frustrating.

What do you guys think? Do you like the Limited quality? Does it help you broaden your horizons, or does it, well, limit your experience?

I actually don't find it that annoying. I like how it makes you use other characters you normally wouldn't.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I know. I hate playing as certain characters. The restriction disappears once tyou got the A rank with the restricted characters. And one of the reasons why I prefer Legends over warriors is because it often allows you to use more characters than one plus on the DLC Grand Travels map you can use a golden train card, removing the restricted character part for three battles.

I hate some characters with such a passion and don't want to play them. I loath Zelda like a disease and hate playing her. The same with imp Midna and a couple more characters. I just don't want to be forced to play as them.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I despise it, honestly. I hate being forced to play as characters I hate in order to progress. I once had to spend hundreds of thousands of rupees on Midna, my most hated character, and get her Lvl 3 weapon because it was impossible to progress through the Twilight map otherwise. I was not happy. Let me play as who i like gdi

I guess you have a point Vanessa28. Lots of time you can have more than one character so maybe that's why I don't find limited as annoying.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I despise it, honestly. I hate being forced to play as characters I hate in order to progress. I once had to spend hundreds of thousands of rupees on Midna, my most hated character, and get her Lvl 3 weapon because it was impossible to progress through the Twilight map otherwise. I was not happy. Let me play as who i like gdi
Oh boy do I feel your pain Az!
I cursed myself crazy when I had to level up some characters (yes I'm also looking at you IMP) against my will only to progress in the game. I LOATH it. I never cursed so much in my life! I had to beat a map as FI who was at level 70 at the time and no problem beating it, but I had to level IMP up all above level 85 to be able to pass and even then I STILL had troubles!

Night Owl

~Momentai
Character limitations are a pain. On the wii U there are levels I still haven't cleared because of the restriction. I'd get around it by multiplayering with my brother who would play as someone he was good at.

On legends I use the other characters that I like the whole time if I can.

I wish they would have made another challenge type to decrease the number of limited challenges.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Character limitations are a pain. On the wii U there are levels I still haven't cleared because of the restriction. I'd get around it by multiplayering with my brother who would play as someone he was good at.

On legends I use the other characters that I like the whole time if I can.

I wish they would have made another challenge type to decrease the number of limited challenges.

Yeah, playing co-op with someone on those levels really help. I don't like certain characters, but I've played all the maps co-op with my sister, so she would just use a good character and we wouldn't have too much trouble. Having to do those by myself would have been awful.

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
I also have characters I just don't think are fun (Tingle can die in a fire), but I get why they do it. The challenges are more or less created to be challenging for that character. This makes completing them more satisfying at the end.
The one thing I will agree with is that it sucks when the required character is a guy you never play so he's like level six. I hate using my hard earned rupees on characters I don't like.

Roger Rad

The Fabulous One
I'm on this Termina level with character restrictions where you have to get A rank to be able to continue to the next field. All my characters are 200+ but still (I think it's Agitha) gets too much damage. FML

I also have characters I just don't think are fun (Tingle can die in a fire), but I get why they do it. The challenges are more or less created to be challenging for that character. This makes completing them more satisfying at the end.

Yes, this is clearly the intention of the programmers. We are stuck on a level where you are forced to be fairy Link. It's very challenging for us, and we would never choose to be that character - but that's the point. To succeed at the game you need to master every character. Otherwise I would just be powerful Link all the time to "win", but ultimately it wouldn't be as satisfying.

@Vanessa28, when you said that the restriction disappears when you win A-rank, is that just for Legends? It doesn't go away for me, and I'm wondering whether I'm missing something or whether it's just another reason why Legends > WiiU.

Roger Rad

The Fabulous One
@Vanessa28, when you said that the restriction disappears when you win A-rank, is that just for Legends? It doesn't go away for me, and I'm wondering whether I'm missing something or whether it's just another reason why Legends > WiiU.
I just noticed it on Termina map. The horrible Agitha map had its restrictions removed when I A-ranked it.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Yes in Legends it disappears but on some stages in Warriors (wiiu) they also disappear. Not all but a few while in Legends they completely disappear. It's a bit of a shame how Nintendo completely focused on Legends and completely forgot about Warriors. They could at least have tried to balance the TP and Termina maps so it won't do such ridiculous amount of damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom