• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Kingdoms at War RP

Pen

The game is on!

The land of Britannia has suffered much unrest since the Vikings arrived on their shores many years ago. These days the Danelaw occupies nearly half the land and is completely Norse territory. Conflicts between the Anglo-Saxons and the Vikings continue, making life on the island a challenge for everyone.

The story begins in April of 878, in the city of Lichfield, Mercia. It's a cloudy day and it looks like it could start raining soon. Despite that the city is buzzing with all sorts of people doing all sorts of things, possibly trying to get as much done before the rain begins to fall. Being so close the the boarder to the Danelaw, Lichfield is in a state of constant worry and unrest, which has lead to increased criminal activity in the city. Thunder can be heard in the distance, though it's unclear whether the storm is drawing closer to the city or not. Dogs are barking uneasily as regular life in Lichfield continues...

Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 06.10.59.png

A teenage girl came into Lichfield panting and exhausted. It was clear she had been running for a long time. Her bare feet were bruised, and all she carried was a small pouch. Once she was inside the city she fell to the ground.

"Please help me," she begged the people around her as tears were filling her eyes. "The Danes have taken my village and they... they... killed everyone."

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Ragnar sees this spectacle, and continues to do his trading with the Merchants
"I have Pelts for sale. Don't stiff me on coins this time, Dannig"
The Merchant looks upon the pelts, and tosses 8 gold coins his way " maybe next time you dont mangle the plumage, and we can see about actual coin"
Ragnar grunts as he walks into the Tavern for a warm meal and warmer company to heat his cold and broken soul

Pen

The game is on!
An old man helped the girl to her feet.

"I am sorry, lass, I truly am," he said somberly. "But there's nothing the townsfolk here can do to help you. Survival is already a challenge, so it's near impossible to take care of a stranger."

The girl did her best to wipe her tears, but it didn't matter since right then the rain began to fall over the town. The merchants and vendors started packing up as people were leaving the market. The girl spotted a tavern on the side of the road. Even if she didn't have any money, she figured it would keep her dry.

Upon entering the tavern she was immediately greeted with the welcoming scent of malt and roasted meat. It made her even hungrier than she already was. She was so hungry she could cry, but she fought it and managed to hold most of her tears back. She took a seat alone at a table near the entrance.

MightyMario

The Vengeful Warrior | Drawn by Uwu_Oocoo2
A bearded man turned the spit with roasted meat on it and sliced a big piece off with a knife, placing the hunk on a plate. Clad in a dirtied apron, he wiped his forehead covered in sweat from the heat.

“Aye! I got a hunk fresh from the spit! Serve it!” he called out.

Last edited:

Storm

Ragnar noted the litle girl entering the tavern, and men eyeing her with a dark intent in their heart. he knew he had to make some sort of first move if not for her sake
"Now Lass. you need to sit at my table. I'll keep you safe."

MightyMario

The chef looked out the window and the little girl and Ragnar. Noticing the girl was sad and possibly hungry, he grabbed the plate of unserved meat and approached the table.

“Here you are, little one. You look hungry, why don’t you eat something?” the chef said, giving a smile and exposing the scar under his chin. He wasn’t very attractive, in fact one could say he resembled a Viking…

Pen

The game is on!
Ragnar's demanding yet reassuring tone compelled the girl to take a seat at his table, albeit somewhat reluctantly. It was awkward, but her options were limited. Then another man came up to them and served a plate of meat.

"I... I can't take that," the girl responded even though her mouth was watering. "I've no coins to pay with..."

MightyMario

Ragnar's demanding yet reassuring tone compelled the girl to take a seat at his table, albeit somewhat reluctantly. It was awkward, but her options were limited. Then another man came up to them and served a plate of meat.

"I... I can't take that," the girl responded even though her mouth was watering. "I've no coins to pay with..."
“Ah, that’s okay. Go on, eat. You look starved.”

The man patted the girl on the back and went back to the kitchen.

Storm

Ragnar sits besides the girl
"You sure do go for the dramatic, girl. what has happened to you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom