• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Is your Switch starting to warp?

I play almost always docked and mine looks fine.

No screen scratches, no warping, none of that losing joy con connection either.

I hope it doesnt start to warp but im sure a little will be fine. It cant warp so much you cant dock surely

Last edited:
My Switch has been performing perfectly so far, although I've been near constantly switching between docked and handheld mode. The only thing I could possibly complain about is the minor smudging, but it's easily taken care of.

This is just one user claiming this is happening. We have no more information than this person's word it is happening.
Is it really happening to this person? If so, it looks like a one off minor issue.
Is this a fake and not really happening at all? Could be photoshopped or fake in some other way.

We don't have enough facts here of how widespread this alleged issue is. We don't have any other facts about this either.
Until we get some actual facts about this issue I am not buying into it. When facts show up we can all read and evaluate them and then I'll take this seriously.

If you look closely, it appears to only be the top edge that is affected... the bottom still seems to be straight.

I think it's due to the way they remove the joy-cons from the console... finger on the release button, thumb in the top-centre of the screen if I had to guess... the edge is probably the weakest point, so it would only take a small amount of pressure being applied repeatedly to bend it.

Night Owl

~Momentai
It's obviously a design feature.
Nintendo was like "yo, dawg heard you liked curved screens. Now you can play games on your curved screen on a console that has a curved screen."

If it really a heat issue, my question is did they have it enclosed so that there is no airflow? What are the circumstances behind it?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
If your Switch is starting to warp, then it's likely a fluke of a manufacturing error.

Contact Nintendo and they will be able to do repair the switch or send you a new one(with all of your save data as well).

No use talking about this with us, when you can just get the problem fixed at the source.

Last edited:
If your Switch is starting to warp, then it's likely a fluke of a manufacturing error.

Contact Nintendo and they will be able to do repair the switch or send you a new one(with all of your save data as well).

No use talking about this with us, when you can just get the problem fixed at the source.

Mine isn't warped enough yet to bother going without it. I want to see if it's a wide spread problem anyway. Time will be the real tell.

This is my most recent problem, but if you don't have a modern Samsung HDTV you might be safe. https://en-americas-support.nintend...h-auto-switches-hdmi-input-on-samsung-smarttv

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Smart TV but I have never experienced this.
Seems to be most common with Samsung. My best friend has a KS8000 and I have a KS9500. We both have the same issue. A few others with different brands did chime in on that thread. It's kind of annoying because it can literally completely stop a movie I was streaming and just switch to the HDMI the Switch is on despite not actually being on.

One of my problems is going to be fixed soon! https://newsstand.google.com/articles/CAIiEFZwu3OwqCDFK6s0TqVXcIwqGAgEKg8IACoHCAow6IDNATDnu3cwhq6EAw

It is a Nintendo Switch issue but Samsung is the most effected so they will be probably adding a feature to turn auto-switch off. I can't tell you guys how annoying this has been lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
We've had a massive heatwave recently and i think i've noticed my Switch starting to warp.

I play mostly docked. But play and heat i guess is getting to it. It didnt look right one day. So i undocked it and laid it on a flat surface...

I pressed the edges down either side and there was travel. I dont think its too worrying atm but i also dont want it to get worse.

Has anyone heard of the Switch ceasing to function due to extensive warping?

Last edited:
We've had a massive heatwave recently and i think i've noticed my Switch starting to warp.

I pkay mostly docked. But play and heat i guess is getting to it. It didnt look right one day. So i undocked it and laid it on a flat surface...

Inpressed the edges down either side and there was travel. I dont think its too worrying atm but i also dont want it to get worse.

Has anyone heard of the Switch ceasing to function due to extensive warping?
We just get the new "curved" screen Switch :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom