• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Xenoblade Chronicles X being ported to the Switch?

The rumour mill said it would be from many sources. However the official information we have been getting is hinting at the opposite. XC2 and no XCX port.

What do you think about this? Do you want XCX ported tot he Switch?
I know I do.

I think XCX could do with a port to more powerful hardware just so it can run better and not need a 10gig patch to make it run slightly faster.

Aside from that i think an XCX port would make sense before the (bigger?) XC2 releases to try and intriduce people who never played XCX to the series.

It would also get the hype train rolling for XC2 if XCX were to release a few months before hand.

More games like XCX are what the Switch will need to attract a bigger audience too.

I cant see a downside to porting it to Switch. I think it'll happen.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Honestly, I hope not. There's nothing that will be fixed by running on a more powerful hardware. Tatsu and Lin will still exist, exploration will still be forced, support characters will still be meaningless. Only load times, maybe getting rid of pop-up, and graphical fidelity could improve, and to be honest, aside from the load times, none of those really bothered me that much. X is still one of the prettiest games I've ever played.

On a quasi-related note, is anyone tallying how many Lauren Kate Dale rumors ended up being false?

Where did the rumor come from?

Because probably no.
The rumour was all over the internet. Multiple places had it rumoured. It was rumoured not to be ported by monolithsoft though. Someone else was doing the porting.
The rumours for this were there and quite strong. But will it come? Who knows. I think we'll know more at E3.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
The rumour was all over the internet. Multiple places had it rumoured. It was rumoured not to be ported by monolithsoft though. Someone else was doing the porting.
The rumours for this were there and quite strong. But will it come? Who knows. I think we'll know more at E3.

But from where are you pulling it now? I'd heard no such thing.

Last edited:

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
This does not mean the rumour didn't exist. This just means you didn't hear the rumour.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/11/20/rumour-xenoblade-x-port-coming-to-nintendo-switch/
One rumour of many saying that XCX was rumoured to come to the Switch.

A two second google search found a rumour link for me to put here.

I'm not saying it isn't a thing, I'm just suggesting that it would be better to begin a thread like this with a source. If you can provide a source immediately, it looks less like a thread created on some idle gossip. It isn't courteous to suggest someone else look up the source to back up your words.

But I do appreciate the link.

Last edited:
I'm not saying it isn't a thing, I'm just suggesting that it would be better to begin a thread like this with a source. If you can provide a source immediately, it looks less like a thread created on some idle gossip. It isn't court to suggest someone else look up the source to back up your words.

But I do appreciate the link.
Thank you.

As we both know rumours are nice but official info is really all thay matters at the end of the day. I was fishing for the official info if there was any, as I'd not heard any. That's why I didn't add the rumour mill in the original post.

Anyway your point is noted and will remember it for next time.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I honestly have no idea why you are hung up on this @the8thark....

I mean, you still have Xenoblade X on your Wii U.
The only reason why I wanted a Xenonlade X port was because I thought the next Xeno game was far off. But having a direct sequel to the original is far better than having some port. Plus, Xenoblade X won't really benefit much from a port. Yes, slightly faster loading times... But there is very little that they can do without changing the entire game.

But, like I said. You can still play Xenoblade X on your Wii U. I don't see why you are so gun-hoe about it. Now, if your answer is that you want the series to get more attention.... A direct sequel to the main series gets a lot more hype, and attention than a port. Plus this specific direct sequel has the best Videogame composers, directors, and character designers in all of gaming history.

If anything, they should remake the original Xenoblade Chronicles, because that would benefit greatly from a remake, unlike Xenoblade X.

And a sequel to X will probably come in a couple years on Switch as well. I don't know about you, but I would greatly prefer new content over old content.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I honestly have no idea why you are hung up on this @the8thark....

I mean, you still have Xenoblade X on your Wii U.
The only reason why I wanted a Xenonlade X port was because I thought the next Xeno game was far off. But having a direct sequel to the original is far better than having some port. Plus, Xenoblade X won't really benefit much from a port. Yes, slightly faster loading times... But there is very little that they can do without changing the entire game.

But, like I said. You can still play Xenoblade X on your Wii U. I don't see why you are so gun-hoe about it. Now, if your answer is that you want the series to get more attention.... A direct sequel to the main series gets a lot more hype, and attention than a port. Plus this specific direct sequel has the best Videogame composers, directors, and character designers in all of gaming history.

If anything, they should remake the original Xenoblade Chronicles, because that would benefit greatly from a remake, unlike Xenoblade X.

And a sequel to X will probably come in a couple years on Switch as well. I don't know about you, but I would greatly prefer new content over old content.
I would love to see a combo XBC/XCX port. That's worth paying full price for imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom