• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is this the old loz.com forum?

Not really sure where else to put this, hope it's okay. In like, early/mid 2000's I used to go on the loz.com forums, and stopped when it shut down/I got older. I always assumed it either rebranded or got absorbed by something else, but there's like 3 different zelda forums now. Is this one most closely related to loz.com, or did that old forum mostly disappear?

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
As far as I’m aware, we’ve been Zelda Dungeon since the beginning. We did merge with Zelda Informer in the early 2010’s and had a brief rebranding as Zelda Dungeon Informer, but ultimately returned back to being just Zelda Dungeon.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
LoZ.com shut down a few times in the mid 2000s but eventually returned for awhile before closing for good in 2011. A few of the members made an offshoot website afterwards but it faded away in a year or so after. None of the other Zelda websites from that era bought it or anything.

LoZ.com shut down a few times in the mid 2000s but eventually returned for awhile before closing for good in 2011. A few of the members made an offshoot website afterwards but it faded away in a year or so after. None of the other Zelda websites from that era bought it or anything.
I know there was a lot of Zelda websites out there that no longer exist, this is probably one of the few that managed to survive.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I know there was a lot of Zelda websites out there that no longer exist, this is probably one of the few that managed to survive.
Yeah, the ones that survived are ones that seemed to cut out a factor to them that was marketable instead of the ones that were created with no direction. Zelda Universe branched into maintaining Zelda Wiki. Zelda Dungeon was always primarily focused on making walkthroughs/guides for Zelda games, and Zelda Informer put emphasis on writing/news content.

Modernly there's really only us and Zelda Universe left. ZU still has the Zelda Wiki. (I think? I remember it being sold to Gamepedia and then Gamepedia got bought by Fandom in 2017. But I also remember a few years later a group decided to pull away from Fandom and remake an independently owned Zelda Wiki.)

We pretty much cover guides/walkthrough content still, and also our writing team is solid.

Yeah, the ones that survived are ones that seemed to cut out a factor to them that was marketable instead of the ones that were created with no direction. Zelda Universe branched into maintaining Zelda Wiki. Zelda Dungeon was always primarily focused on making walkthroughs/guides for Zelda games, and Zelda Informer put emphasis on writing/news content.

Modernly there's really only us and Zelda Universe left. ZU still has the Zelda Wiki. (I think? I remember it being sold to Gamepedia and then Gamepedia got bought by Fandom in 2017. But I also remember a few years later a group decided to pull away from Fandom and remake an independently owned Zelda Wiki.)

We pretty much cover guides/walkthrough content still, and also our writing team is solid.
I totally agree with that sentiment, The guides are here are wonderful. Even though I never use guides for any game I play. I have heard a lot of good things about it. More than I can say for some guide sites out there. Fandom is especially notorious for having AI bots riding some of the facts down I believe. And I even found a few errors with both Bulbapedia, and Serebii, but for the most part those sites are pretty accurate as well. But I've always found Fandom to have the most errors of any site.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Fandom is especially notorious for having AI bots riding some of the facts down I believe.
Yeah that's true. Now that I'm looking into it, it seems like a lot of wikis also split away for reasons like; ads were intrusive to the interface of the website, non-user friendly site design, and because of their practices of trying to swallow up as many independant wikis as they can. Also people were mad at Mcdonalds paying fandom to rebrand the frontpage of the Mcdonalds Wiki to be an ad for the Grimace Shake.

Yeah, I've never really bothered using fandom, so I never knew it's gotten that bad. I've only heard rumors. Like I said, I never use a guide for any game I play, and I mean any game and any guide. Back when I was growing up, guides weren't readily available. Even if I get stuck in a notorious puzzle from a Zelda game, and I'm stuck on it for hours, I still don't bother looking it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom